Chapter 15

The sun was towering over the tall mountains, the ocean waves crashing on the shore, and the trees swayed with the breeze. It was definitely a beautiful day. I look around and can't help but sense a certain familiarity. I suddenly remember dreaming about this place before. I find myself standing in a gazebo, staring at the beautiful scenery in front of me. I felt so free and light, as if all my problems have suddenly disappeared. I look at my foot and see no injury. And for some reason, I felt so happy that I didn't want to wake up. It wasn't long until I felt my hand slowly being intertwined with another. I look to my side, and there he is again; the guy I've been dreaming about for so many months. Yet, he is still faceless, I still have no clue who he is.

Out of the blue, the fog that seems to always cloud his identity slowly seems to be fading, then I thought that maybe I could finally see his face after so long of waiting. I smile, my heart was pounding so hard it could probably explode from excitement. I wonder if this is the moment I will finally find out who the man of my dreams really is. Everything seems so surreal and too good to be true that I can't even tell the difference between dreaming and reality anymore. I could start to see a glimpse of his face, but not so much that I can actually tell who he really is. It was starting to get clearer, and if it were possible the pounding of my heart became faster.

But right before I could get a glimpse of how he actually looks like, I woke up with a jolt, my breath was unsteady and I was breathing heavily. I look around and I didn't see the beach anymore, instead I found myself looking at my bedroom. I groan in disappointment knowing that I almost had it, I almost had the face of the guy I keep dreaming about. Out of the blue I feel a sharp pain in my chest area. Thinking it was probably nothing, I decide to ignore it.

For most of the day I did nothing but think about my dream. I've been meaning to tell Emily about it but every time I'm with her, Cole is there. And I didn't want him to know about it.

Aside from just thinking about the dream, for some reason, I feel inspired. Although, I am not inspired by this incredulously long and boring English lecture. Either way, I do not find myself listening anyways, I never do. Instead, I think about the things that happened the previous day as well. I think about how Dylan had managed to make me like him even more, and to have stronger feelings for him, maybe. I'm still not sure if what I feel for him is merely infatuation, or has progressed to something more, but it's definitely something. Then, I think of Cole. Even if I don't want to, I still find myself thinking about him, and every time I do I tell myself to stop but I can't. It's also kind of hard since he's always with me. Thankfully, today is the last day of school before our semestral break, and I couldn't have been more happy.

Then finally, the bell had rung. I carefully got out of my seat and gathered all my stuff. "Do you need any help?" Cole asks. I shake my head in response, and smile at him.

"Do you want me to assist you to your next class?" He asks again.

"No, it's fine." I tell him "Emily can help me, and you're next class is literally in the opposite direction of mine."

"Alright." He seems hesitant at first since he always brings me to my next class, but he gives in "See you guys at lunch." He says before walking towards the direction of his class. Emily helps me carry some of my stuff, as we also make our way to our next class, which we luckily had together. The sprain on my foot wasn't as bad anymore but it still hurt sometimes. Especially if I keep walking. But nonetheless, I quickly use this opportunity to tell Emily everything. I quickly glance around to make sure that Cole was not there or any of his friends, as I advert my attention back to Emily.