Chapter 6

It's been a week since the contract had officially started. Everyday had the same routine, Cole would pick me up in the morning, we would go to school and act like a couple, then try to make Chloe jealous whenever she was around. Although it hasn't really been all nice all the time. Cole wasn't with me all the time so sometimes whenever I was alone in class or maybe just going to the bathroom I could hear some people --or more like the admirers of Cole, saying bad things about me or pointing fingers. That I could tolerate, but what happened today is even much more worse.

Halfway through my English class I decide that I needed to go to the bathroom since there wasn't really anything important to discuss about. I make my way to the lavatory and notice Chloe's close friends Jessica, Ashley, and one I don't really who she was. I recognize them because I remember seeing them on the cheering squad when I watched Cole's practice. They were all looking at their reflection, as for me, I didn't really mind them. But even before I reach the cubicle, Jessica walks up to me and I suddenly feel my self  being pushed back into the wall. I feel a sharp pain at my back. What is happening? Taken aback by her action, I didn't know what to do. I didn't think I did any wrong to her. Before I could maintain my composure, one of she speaks up, Ashley and the other girl ganging behind her back.

"Awww, don't have Cole to protect you now, do you?" Jessica pouts, and the two other girls laugh. Is this about him? About Cole?

"Honestly, why would Cole even replace Chloe with you?"

"Yeah, you're not even half as pretty as you think you are." Ashley taunts and the two other girls snicker, as if  I wasn't there right in front of them.

"Look" I say trying to stand up "I don't want any trouble so-"

"What? Too scared for Cole to find out what kind of a girl you truly are?" She continues "A heinous bitch." Jessica steps closer and pushes me back to the wall. The hard concrete wall hit my back so hard, It felt as if I ran out of breath. And as if things weren't already bad, the girl who I don't even know gets a trash can from one of the cubicles and spills the trash all over me. I feel tears forming in my eyes, wondering what I did to deserve this. The bell suddenly rings, and  I feel relieved.

"Consider yourself lucky, Tyler." Ashley says "But next time you steal our best friend's ex boyfriend, you better think twice 'cause we can make your life a living hell." Ashley glares and walks out of the bathroom, followed by the one who spilled the trash on me.

"Stay down, snake" Jessica says before walking out as well.

I felt tears run down my face, why am I so weak? I couldn't even stand up for myself. I feel like shit, pieces of trash are surrounding me, and I honestly don't know what to do. I don't even try to get up, I'm still down on the floor, leaning against the wall. My phone starts ringing, Cole was calling me. He's probably outside the classroom waiting for me to come out. I remember that we had this next class together, he'll probably wonder why I'm not there when he clearly brought me to school this morning. Not like he'll care anyways. He only does this for The Contract. After a few minutes and missed calls from Cole, the bell rung again. I didn't feel like going to class, or any of my classes for that matter. I just want this day to be over and cry my eyes out in my room. I still had  this one last period before lunch so maybe after that I could sneak out and tell Cole that I wasn't feeling well and go straight home.

For the mean time, I decide to hide in one of the cubicles, just in case the girls come back. I think about what had just happened, what I had just experienced. I never even thought that things like these were still a thing, I mean, it's 2016. Nobody does that anymore. Or maybe I'm wrong. After all, all my high school life I've stayed lowkey. I've always kept my circle small, and Emily by my side. People only notice me now because of Cole. I think about what the girls said to me and what they called me. What if people really think of me this way, what if they all think I'm a "Heinous bitch" or a "snake." I feel myself starting to tear up again, I feel like absolute shit. The day has only started, and it's only been a week since the contract yet I already feel like this. I guess I didn't really think this through, I only thought about the cash and not the consequences. I thought everything was going so well, but I guess I thought wrong.