Chapter 8

Cole picks me up from my house again, just like every other day. It was really bright outside, the sun was shining and the sky was so blue, it looked really nice. It was a Friday tonight and I couldn't have been more glad that this week is finally over. I just can't wait to go home and stay in bed all weekend without having to be pretentious with who I am or with who I'm going out with.

Once it was finally lunch time, Cole and I were walking together in the cafeteria hand in hand, as always. We make our way to our usual spot, we were the only ones at the table at the moment. It wasn't long before Cole speaks up "Hey Jean, I was wondering if you'd maybe want to go to this party tonight."

I think about it. I honestly didn't want to go anywhere else but home tonight. Before I could even answer, Cole speaks again "I just think that this would give our relationship more exposure, you know. And Chloe is going to be there so..." he trails off. Of course he only wanted to go to the party just because he knows Chloe is going to be there. Not like I'm affected by it or anything, I really didn't want to do anything tonight. But I guess a few hours more of doing this 'jealous' thing with Cole wouldn't hurt that much. Cole was still awaiting for an answer. He looked at me intently, not taking his eyes off of me.

"I guess this might be good for the contract, so let's give it a shot." I say and Cole beams.

"Thank you Jean." He says happily and kisses my hand. "Pick you up at 8 then?"

I nod in response. All the other guys came, and so did Emily. I think about the possible things that could happen at a party, since I've never actually been to one. I've been invited at some parties before but I never came to any of them. To me, a party is just an excuse for people to drink, act drunk, grind on each other's bodies, and maybe even hook up, which is not my kind of thing. Cole of course, is the life of every party. Sometimes, it would even be an honor if Cole shows up at your party. I've heard that he and Chloe were always together during parties and basically making them seem more fun. As much as I hate to admit, I'm actually scared. I wait for the moment where Cole and the guys leave to buy food while Emily and I are left on the table. I tell her about how Cole had invited me to go to the party and how I'm actually stressing out about it on the inside.

"So he asked you on a date?" She gasps.

"Being invited to go to a party is not a date." I frown "we're just going there because Chloe will be there, and we're not an actual couple, remember?" I say the last part softly just in case someone over hears us.

Emily rolls her eyes "Whatever you say Jean, I mean, it's seems like you're starting to warm up to him."

"No I'm not." I defend, "I'm not warming up to him. I'm only like this because it's part of the contract."

Emily still continues, obviously not listening to me. "And not falling in love with each other is part of the contract too. Remember Jean, he falls in love with you, not the other way around."

"I am not going to fall in love with him." I snap. I am certain, 100% sure, I will not fall for Cole Sprouse's charm. I look over at Cole and see him and the guys standing by the vending machine. They're all laughing about who knows what. Then, we suddenly make eye contact. He sees me and winks at me and smiles. I quickly look away, feeling my cheeks heat up. There's something about Cole that's just so captivating, like he knows what to do to make a girl weak in the knees.

"What are you wearing by the way." Emily asks all of a sudden. My eyes instantly widen, I have literally nothing to wear. "Crap" I mumble. All of the clothes that Emily and I bought have all been used. "Can I borrow from you first?"

Emily furrows her eyebrows "what happened to all the clothes we bought?"

"Well, I've already used them this week." I say sheepishly "Just please lend me some clothes, I promise I'll return them."