23 - good news

A/N: Because I am so grateful for all the readers and the votes and the comments, I am posting a superlong chapter. Also, this story is #757 in teen fiction. Also, it has over 5K reads and over 300 votes. Everything is super!

I am so proud of you all and this story and myself and I was feeling inspired today. Here ya go!

Last time I forgot to personally thank two people (sorry): writing00introvert ; pamela2017 - thank you for dedicating time into reading and voting. I am very grateful.

As always, votes and comments are most welcome. 

Rock on, sunshines x)

Chapter 23 – good news

I'm a gentleman, so I'm not going to laugh out loud. But Ryan looks like a kid who's just tasted a lemon for the first time. He's slouched against the wall, me standing in front of him, my eyebrow cocked. Is he going to say anything or is he just going to grimace, his mouth half-open, saliva about to drip to the floor. Is he going to cry?

But, I'm a gentleman, so I'm not going to point out how ridiculous he looks.

"But I love football," he mumbles and scratches the side of his nose.

I press the gum against the back of my teeth with my tongue. I'm trying to quit smoking, because Sam says – contrary to what movies might tell you – actual gentlemen don't smoke. I blow a bubble. "And you're going to learn to love theatre, too," I say.

Ryan winces. "Can't you just punch me as the favour?"

I chuckle and run my fingers through the tangles of my dirt-blond hair. "I don't do that anymore." Unless provoked. I'm probably never quitting fighting, but I'm going to lessen it. Perhaps instead of sword-play I'll try word-play.

"So I have to play the prince?" He asks to make sure.

I nod smugly. I think this play is the best thing I've ever done.

"I'd rather take a beating," he sighs, defeated. I haven't even had to play dirty, I'm already winning, and to be honest, this type of hands-clean manipulating is more rewarding than kicking and screaming until one fighter can't go on.

I grin. "Oh, don't worry. It is a modern remake, so instead of dwarves, there are seven brothers. You will get a beating, but it will less physical and more theatrical. Rehearsal starts at three. I better see you there or we'll have problems." I pat Ryan on the shoulder and leave him wondering about life.

I'm sitting (on my throne) on a chair, because I have to make sure everything is running smoothly. Sam's on stage organizing the setup.

"Guys, I get that Ryan's going to be crap today, but we'll get there," I shout. "Let's take it from the top." Snow White is not very happy to be the love interest of Ryan. I always thought girls would go crazy over a jock, but not all of them. Unless this one is resisting only because she wants Ryan to push back. She sure looks like a book nerd.

There's nothing wrong with reading books. Hell, I like literature too, especially now that I am suppose to be a gentleman, but sometimes people get foolish thoughts and become unrealistic. She seems like the type, although don't judge a book by its cover, right, yes I know that. I'm still judging.

Ryan looks lost and helpless. All of his confidence is suddenly gone. Where's the football star, now?

Sam takes a seat on the edge of the stage, her back against the wall. The script is in her lap and she's trying to check if the lines are done correctly and at the same time she's trying to keep an eye on the acting as well.