5 - AFTER all this

A/N: I stayed up extra late to post this! You better be thankful! I have an exam tomorrow (I mean today, bc it's already 1:36 a.m). I gave up like 2 hours of sleep for this. You better be thankful!

But on a lighter note, I have a small surprise or gift (or call it whatever you like) for you. A little extra, so you won't tire from Luke.  (oh, and I wasn't completely there when I wrote it, aka I am tired af, so there might be big errors, but just ignore them. you can let me know of them, but just don't make a big deal, okay? thanks)

ps. Halsey's new album is amazing.

pps. I attached my new favourite song to this chapter.

Happy reading x) 

And give me votes and comments because I deserve them (I'm passive agressive, sorry. but more on the agressive side *big teeth-baring smile*). 

Chapter 5 - AFTER all this

I brush my teeth while staring at my reflection in the mirror. My cheeks are warm and not the same kind of pale they used to be. The sun decided to burn me without my permission. I splash cold water into my face and spit the toothpaste. This isn't going to go smoothly. It will be awkward as hell.

Back in the room I remove the sweatpants and throw them over a chair. Then I climb to bed. Empty. The room is empty, the bed is empty, my stomach is empty and not because I didn't eat, but because of that hollow feeling that's clawing at my insides.

I lift my arms over my head and press the heel of my hand against my forehead. It doesn't help closing my eyes, because the nerves are still there. What was Ben thinking? I can't handle being in the same room with Nolan.

The kiss was clearly a misjudgement of the situation. I don't know what happened. If Devon had been there, I would've kissed him and all would be the same. But now everything is different. Everything. It's awkward between me and Nolan, and it's– Is there anything at all between me and Devon?

Of course there is! Drama – that's what's there.

Through the open window I hear giggling and laughing, which means that Sam and Eileen haven't gone to sleep just yet. And Nolan has disappeared somewhere.

I try to fall asleep, but I can't. I feel too hot, but without the blanket it's cold. I can't make up my mind.

I wrap the blanket around myself and walk to the balcony door. I try to peer through, but I can't see anything or anyone. I finally decide to open the door and step onto the balcony. It's still warm outside. There's an ugly looking old pillow which I occupy, not wanting to sit on the balcony floor.

The balcony is small. I can't stretch my legs, so I hug them close, but eventually my body tires from sitting like that, so I move sideways, that way I can stretch my legs.

Then the light on the porch turns on and I hear Sam's voice. Eileen runs to the tent and is jumping up and down. "Come on," she urges Sam. "I need my nightly dose of sugar."

Sam throws something and Eileen catches it. She pops it in her mouth. "Damn, candy is good," she says, swaying on her feet. "We need music. Wake the boys!"

Sam shushes her, but can't help but giggle. "We don't need boys. But–" she raises her index finger, "–in case you want boys, I got some numbers. They're going to hate me, but I got their numbers."

Eileen shrugs. "No, we don't need boys. I also don't need candy." She takes a marshmallow from the pack and bites into it. "But I like it anyway."