12 - AFTER and before

A/N: I'm the best, honestly.  You're getting an update already, because I love you guys so much. 

Also, whoever is interested - I posted the first chapter of  Ugly Boy (Eileen x Marcus). 

If this chapter doesn't get a ton of comments, then I'll be devastated, because I really outdid myself on this one. (warning: contains mature content)

I'm hoping to reach 100K with this story, fingers crossed. 

Happy reading x)

Chapter 12 – AFTER and before

"Mom's gonna throw a garden party," says Caleb and slurps hot cocoa.

Nolan woke me up, because my arms were wrapped around him and he needed to pee badly. And when he came back, we had a kissing marathon.

I watch the spoon twirl in my cup. "Should we hide in the forest?" A lot of fancy people are going to park their cars here, and I highly doubt they'd want to see our ugly faces here. (Please note that we're actually handsome and attractive.) I've never been to a garden party so I wouldn't know what to do.

Should I wear a hat and stick flowers in it to look like I belong? I think we should all wear flowers in our hair. But seriously, what the hell is a garden party?

"Probably," mutters Ben and rubs his temples. "This is giving me a headache. I don't know how to behave."

Nolan snorts. "You're the only one who knows how to behave. Shut up."

They glare at each other. Paul waves his hand. "I'm with Luke on this one. Let's just hide in the lake or something." He runs both hands through his dark hair. "Also, I'm with Ben. This is giving me anxiety."

Max rolls his eyes. "You guys are so fucking dramatic!" He throws his hands in the air. "We'll just pretend to be fancy. Ask some ladies to dance and it'll be cool." He shrugs his shoulder. "We'll be cool. The coolest."

"We have to dance?" Paul shrieks and slams his fist on the table. "I did not bring proper shoes for this! Oh, lord, have mercy on my poor broken soul!" He closes his eyes and tilts his head back. "I haven't even properly woken up," he continues to whine.

And in my mind, I'm with him.

I put my hand on Nolan's thigh and he starts, almost spits his coffee. "Honey," he turns to me with a serious expression. "I know you want to be sweet and all, but now is not the time." He leans in closer. "Also, it's morning, so my guard is not fully set into place. I'm easily distracted. Wouldn't want to cause a scene by slamming you on the table and climbing on top." He adds a sweet, disarming smile.

I groan. "But why? Oh, do you want to wait until the garden party?"

He shivers. "Don't give me ideas," he warns. "Those ladies might all have a heart attack then."

"At least we'll make then feel something," I purr into his ear.

Nolan waves his hands frantically. "Babe, stop!"

I chuckle and have to face confused faces.

Paul is scratching his neck, frowning. Caleb swallows and we can all hear it. Max is genuinely surprised. Ben doesn't seem too bothered, instead he's focused on his headache.

"What are you guys doing?" Caleb finally dares to ask. And he's so innocent in doing so.

A blush rises to my cheeks. "Nothing," I say.