14 - hello angel baby

A/N: It took me almost three hours to write this chapter. But it was time well-spent. This introduction is going to be long: I want to apologize for being quite distant, but a lot has happened. I have a bunch of stuff on my mind, both good and bad. It's going to be okay, though. 

I hope all is well with you. And if not, then I send my best wishes out to you. 

I have been keeping an eye on all the votes and comments. And I love reading comments. I'm sure there's a number of people I wanted to thank, but I've forgotten my notebook elsewhere (aka I don't have it with me), so these thank-yous will have to wait, unfortunately. 

I started reading The Assassin's Blade (well, I'm almost half-way through). It had been sitting on a shelf for three years. All Maas fans, hello to you. I aspire to be like her one day. She's an inspiration. I know I'll never be able to write like her, but that's okay. I just hope I find my own voice and have the courage to speak in it. 

I am crossing my fingers, hoping you'll like the chapter. 

The year is ending and hopefully it'll be a happier end than the year itself was. It'll be another New Year's Eve without a kiss, but eh, what the hell. By the end of the night I'll kiss my pillow (not literally. It's a metaphor, you see) and it'll be great. 

If you don't feel like commenting on the chapter, then you could tell me which character you like the best or who has had the biggest change or whatever. Or, you could tell me what your favourite song is. 

Also, question: would you be interested in a sort of Q&A? I could tell you a little about how I first imagined the story. I could also do it at the end of this story (no worries, I don't see the ending yet and I have many thoughts on spin-offs). 

Happy reading x) 

chapter 14 – hello angel baby

Eileen and Cameron stay in contact, the former is a master schemer, the latter a spy in training. He will infiltrate Ashley's bunch.

"She's a real queen bee," Eileen murmurs, placing bobby pins in her hair. "And by B, I mean bitch." She holds a strand in place, open the bobby pin with her teeth, and slides it to hold her hair in place. We're missing our ring leader Narcissa, so Eileen has agreed to take her place. The tension between her and Marcus (and Farley) is rising. I'm hoping I won't be here to see the explosive fireworks. Better run before the clock strikes twelve.

"She's also a sweetheart," she continues, now fixated on her brows in the mirror. I'm sitting on the edge of the bathtub, clicking my heels together. We're celebrating our ten weeks here. "She could suffocate you with love and brownies."

Eileen curses under her breath, rests her arms on the edges of the sink. "How the hell did she end up here," she sighs.

"How exactly do you know her?" I've let her go on for about eleven minutes, undisturbed. Nolan went to the store, to get whatever. I think milk. We're missing milk. (And I'm missing the boys.)

Eileen rolls her eyes, not at me, but at a memory of Ashley. "She bullied me." She taps her finger in glitter and spreads it over her cheekbones. "Older than me. I didn't stand a chance. She was lovestruck on some asshole, got her heart broken. She suddenly became weird. Cool, calm and collected on the outside and out of nowhere, wham!" To add a more dramatic effect, Eileen curls her fingers and punches her palm.

"Is she the reason you became a fighter?"

"Partly. But I blame her for everything," she says, unscrewing the mascara. "And yet for nothing. She's actually irrelevant. She graduated and disappeared, which for best for everyone."