Chapter 3- Training

(Someone help I've fallen into Levi hell)

The bright sun greeted you on the morning of your first official day of training, and with a rush of enthusiasm you hopped out of bed and changed into your uniform, this time putting on the belts on as well. After brushing your hair and washing your face, you recalled the little tour of the castle Erwin had given you the day before, and made your way to the mess hall with a tiny smile on your lips. You came to the conclusion that since it had been such a long time since you'd seen the sun, it's lovely rays shining through your window were going to turn you into quite the morning person. As you walked, you realized just how happy you were here at headquarters. You hadn't felt this safe and appreciated in 15 years, and it was changing you from your dull, cruel self to a happier, cheerful girl with a brilliant sense of humor. Don't get me wrong though, you were never going to stop being a badass. Your sass and badassery wasn't going to leave you any time soon, believe me.
Soon, you reached the mess hall, and you pushed open the doors to see several tables filled with cadets chatting happily with each other, munching on their breakfast without a care in the world. Grabbing a tray of food, you didn't even flinch at the tasteless appearance of the bread and soup. You were used to it. You turned away from the counter, facing the crowd of people once again, when you realized you had nowhere to sit. It wasn't like you actually knew anyone besides Levi and Erwin, and you definitely weren't cleared to sit at the superiors table. A bit sheepishly, you went over to the table that was in the farthest end of the room, the only people sitting at it being a cadet that was turned around on the edge to talk to his friends at the table next to it. You were a bit disheartened, but you shook your head to get rid of the brooding thoughts. You were used to this. In the Underground, it was ever man for himself, and being alone was one of the things you had to get used to if you wanted to survive there. With a sigh, you took a bite of your bread.

Your table was not quiet for long.

One by one, cadets came to your table with their trays in hand, starting with a brown haired girl with light brown eyes and a ponytail.

"Hi! I noticed you were sitting here all alone, so I thought i should introduce myself. I'm Sasha Blouse!" She said cheerfully, waving her hand. The moment she finished her sentance she chomped into her bread, munching on it hungrily like a rabid animal.

"Um, hi." You said with a minuscule smile. Following closely behind her came a brown haired boy with teal green eyes, and another with an ash brown undercut.

"Hey, I'm Eren Jeager." Greeted the green eyed boy  with a grin, sitting down next to Sasha. The ash brown haired boy sat right next to you, propping his head up on his fist smugly with a smirk on his face.

"And I'm Jean Kirshtein. Nice to meet ya."  He said smoothly, nodding his head at you and biting his lip flirtatiously. You raised an eyebrow and creased your lips into a straight line, bringing your hand up for a slight wave at him. Did this guy seriously think he was being smooth?

Lastly came a blonde boy with blue eyes and a girl with charcoal black shoulder length hair, each seeming to follow behind Eren.

"H-Hi, Im Armin Arlert, and this is Mikasa Ackerman." Stuttered the blonde boy. You gave a rare warm smile at Armin, amused at his childish shyness. Mikasa only nodded her head at you, to which you nodded back coolly. You had the feeling she was going to be a tough girl, and it peaked your interest instantly.

"It's nice to meet you all, I'm (y/n)." You greeted calmly, the smallest of smiles playing on your lips. They all settled in at your once lonely table, and you chatted with them throughout the rest of breakfast without a care in the world, forgetting about everything that had happened before.

You felt like a kid again.

About 20 minutes later the orders came to head out to the training grounds, and although talking with your new friends was a blast, the idea of stretching your wings and fly again made you even more enthusiastic. Once you were outside in the large field, you located Levi and his squad by the dense forest and walked over, a nonchalant face plastered on your features. What greeted you at the group was a set of gear for you, and the rest of the members stood off from you as you picked it up.