Chapter 6- Fighting Recovery

After that little ordeal, Levi had taken you up on your challenge and told you to see him once you'd gotten better. It was defiantly something to motivate you to heal up, and within no time the doctor had cleared you to return to training after just a days rest in the infirmary. Your wing was a bit harder to deal with, but aside from some soreness it was mostly better.
As you waved goodbye to some nurses and made your way out the large doors, you started thinking about the past days events. Eren had gone rogue... you hoped it didn't get him into too much trouble. Hanji was more than alright, she seemed back to her dandy self right after her burn, and the rest of the Special Ops squad was unharmed from the little mission you gave them.

'They actually listened to me, wow. I wouldn't expect anyone here to take orders from me!' You realized. Walking into the main castle, you saw Sasha and Jean sweeping up a hallway in what you assumed was another one of Levi's demands, and they looked up when they heard the doors open.

"(Y/n)! You're back!" Sasha cheered as she rushed over to you with a quick hug. You gladly returned it, patting her back before pulling her in front of you.

"You bet I am, and I'm back with a motive to kill. Would you happen to know where Corporal Levi is?"

"Probably in his office or something, doing paperwork or cleaning shit." Jean answered, leaning on his broomstick.
"What do you want with him anyway? I heard you disobeyed his orders." He said casually. Sasha gasped.

"You whaaaaAAT!? (Y/n) NO! He's gonna kill youu!" Sasha cried, mouth moving wildly as she spoke. You 'tched.

"Don't worry, we've just got some unfinished business to settle." You stated with confidence, and then waved the pair goodbye before heading straight for Levi's office.

"Cadet (Y/n), I see you're feeling better." You heard a deep voice call. Turning around, you saw Erwin walking up to you from behind, a small yet friendly smile on his features.

"Yes, sir. The doctor was very helpful, not to mention my advanced healing abilities." You replied with a shrug. Erwin hummed as he continued to walk beside you.

"Good to hear. I wanted to compliment you on your intuition the other day on the field. You disobeyed your leader's commands but without that move of yours no one knows if something worse could've happened. You're not a bad leader, cadet." He said. Your eyes widened a bit as he spoke, surprised he thought that of you.

"Me? A leader? Sir, I'm just an instinctive criminal, I don't know if I can call myself a leader." You replied. Erwin chuckled.

"Well, all I'm saying is that directing of the Special Ops squad didn't come from nothing. Have a good day, (Y/n)." He finished before rounding a corner, leaving you alone with your thoughts. He wasn't wrong, for some reason the team had found your judgement trustworthy enough to go straight for the hands of a rabid Titan. If anything, it told you they were over the whole "famous criminal that's murdered and stolen from people and is a mutant bird person" thing.
When you got to Levi's door, you'd practically forgotten what you were there for. Ah, yes, to beat the crap out of him. You raised your fist to the door, then pounded on it firmly, rehearsing what you were gonna say in your head. I mean, not like you were nervous or anything. Yeah, definitely not.

"Name and business." Came the familiar voice.

"Cadet (L/n), here to kick your ass." You answered, expecting him to do something like open the door to greet you with a punch. Rather he said:

"Come in for a moment."
You blinked, but opened the door anyway, walking in to see a pristine office with a bookshelf on one side, a couch on the other, and a large desk covered with papers in the back, Levi sitting behind it with a pen in his hand doing paperwork. An oak door led off to the side to what you assumed was his room.