Chapter 7- Fighting Capture

(See what I did with the title eh eh?)

"What? What the hell do you mean Hanji?" You demanded, voice stern as you tried to hide your internal quivering.

"I mean they're after you! They, they're here to take you away! They're right outside demanding we hand you over!!" The scientist hollered, bouncing on her feet frantically and waving her arms as she progressively got more panicked. You paused for a moment, eyes looking down as you pondered the situation as fast as you could. Those thoughts were interrupted though, for a loud thud came from the superiors table that turned everyone's heads. You glance as well, seeing Levi with his fist planted on the table in what you could easily tell was tension. But, you also saw Erwin standing up with his hands on the surface as he leaned over, his authority practically radiating off him. Who made the bang?

"I'll handle the situation." Came Erwin's tough stern voice, eyebrows furrowed only slightly as he made his way out of the mess hall to where you presumed the MP were waiting. Your lips parted as you thought some more, and the rest of the cadets watched you to see what would happen next. Finally, you got up, following the direction of Erwin with intent to handle things yourself. Each step you took down the hall sent another shiver of anxiety through your feathers. You knew they were here to try and capture you for tests and questioning, or worse, kill you right there in both fear and anger after what had happened with Eren.

'I could try fighting them off, but that would just lead to more trouble. But, I can't just hand myself over like a weakass!' You thought. Then, the ruckus became evident, and dead ahead of you were the large doors that were cracked open enough to see Erwin talking with several other soldiers. He seemed to be trying to compromise with them...

'Ok, nuh-uh, if someone's gonna determine what happens to me it will be me.'

You picked up your pace, hands balling into fists as your glare increased. When you reached the door, you forced yourself past Erwin to face the small crowd of armed soldiers, probably around 10 people. The one in the center stiffened when he saw you, eyes practically flaming in their glow as your wings inched open.

"I-It's her! Fire!" He hollered, raising his arm to you with wild eyes and bared teeth. You took a sharp inhale, eyes widening before you came into a reaction. As if in slow motion, the gun barrels were raised, and you regrettably raised your wings in front of you, the navy blue tips of your wings barely leaving gaps so you could see what was going on. You were staring dead into the barrel of a shotgun pointed at your head, and you glared right down it as you saw the bullet shoot out. In your focused state, the gunshots and the yells of Erwin and the other men were nothing but dull booms in your ears. Your eyes still glowing faintly, you prepared for the worst as you brought your arms in front of you, praying this split second decision wouldn't cost you your life.

Then, a cold shock ran through your spine, like a sharp frost that travelled from your back to the very tips of your wings. A violent blast followed, and you stumbled back, gasping from the force of the blow. Your wings felt heavier than usual, and the bullets that hit them weren't pulling any punches either. As you leaned forward on your knees, eyes finally cracking open to see the damage, you were greeted with something you've never seen before.

Your wings were covered in a hard, icy glass like shell, glimmering in the moonlight as the cracks from the bullets stripped across them in sharp dark lines. A tiny gasp escaped your lips as you saw the state of your feathers as you held them in front of you, pieces of the crystal like substance falling off bit by bit to the grass as the cracks threatened to bring the whole structure down.