Chapter 4- Testing

( the order of the chapters got messed up so uh if you read it wrong pls try and reread in order it really messes stuff up) (2018: I edited this a little for new readers to get a better experience, if you're older don't bother rereading I just made you less op and fixed a few words)

When you did finally leave the forest, the soft early evening sunset greeted you on the horizon, and you stayed to watch it for a while, recollecting all the sunsets you've missed in your lifetime. Some 10 minutes later, you walked through the doors of the castle calmly, wings hanging out of the back of your uniform loosely since you didn't care about keeping them hidden now. As you made your way down the halls, you suddenly heard the thumping of footsteps against the castle floor. Just as the sound reached behind you, you pivoted on your toes in a flash, bringing your arm up so that the speedy being who was chasing you came face to face with your arm and fist. Your wings flew open from surprise as a mess of brown hair and glasses came crashing into your stiff arm, but she quickly recovered, pushing her glasses back up and looking at you with wild eyes, unfazed.

"(Y/n)!! I'm so glad to finally catch you! I have so many questions for you, oh! And so many tests!!" She hollered. You took a step back, leaning away from her as she jumped in your face. You realized she was the same woman with the crazy smile when she first saw you, and you hesitantly closed your wings. That wasn't before she noticed them with sparkling eyes, that is.

"Oh, Your wings are simply gorgeous! That pearly white, that deep navy blue! Ah, fascinating!" She said as she reached for your feathers, brushing her fingers against them. You tensed up, inhaling sharply and forcing your wings closed, the harsh movement ending up pulling a few blue and white feathers from your wings. You hissed at the slight pain.

"Ohoho! Perfect! I can use these as samples!" She chimed, bending down and picking up the feathers from the ground. When she got back up, she relaxed her face-splitting smile and held out her hand.

"Oh, I'm Squad Leader Hanji, by the way. You can just call me Hanji though! She said sweetly. You slowly shook her hand, a shaky smile on your lips.

"Uh, Hi..." You said. Just then, Levi walked by, carrying a few papers over to his office. Glancing over at you, he kept walking by as he spoke.

"Don't scare the girl out of HQ, Shitty-Glasses." He said dully before walking off down the corridor. Your eyes followed him for a brief moment before flashing back to Hanji's. She held a smirk on her lips, and you raised an eyebrow in questioning.

"What?" You asked.

"Oh, nothing~" She sang, dancing away as she bounced on her toes.

"I've gotta go, but I'll do you later!" She called, fluttering a wave of her hand as she spoke in a mock singing opera voice. You stood still for a moment, simply blinking as you wondered what she meant, before shrugging and turning around to head to your room.
However, your plans were interrupted by a young cadet.

"Commander Erwin wants you in his office." He stated. You thanked him, giving a minuscule smile before making your way to Erwin!s office. Once you faced the oak door, you brought up your hand and knocked.

"Name and business, please." Called a deep voice.

"(Y/n) (L/n), ssir." You answered, slurring the 'sir' since you weren't very used to the mannerism. Erwin called you in, and you took a seat in one of the chairs in front of his large desk.

"This won't be very long," He began.

"I simply wanted to tell you about the testing that is going to be performed on you." He stated. Your face quickly contorted into one of horror, those scarring memories from Garrett's lab flashing back to you in quick, terrifying flashes. Testing? What kind of testing did these people want to do to you? You didn't think Hanji was serious when she said your feathers would be perfect for experiments, but now, your body was struck with unrelenting fear.
Erwin quickly noticed your panicked state, and he rushed to reassure you.