Part nine

Adrien and Marinette took their usual seats in class, beside each's best friend. But unlike usual, neither Alya nor Nino were there yet. "That's weird..Alya's usually here before me." Marinette said with a hint of concern in her voice. She brushed it off and sat down. She'd have to be here soon, she did just speak with her in the hallway after all.
But it was a bit odd that both Alya and Nino were gone at the same time, "They're probably holding hands in the hallway." Marinette thought, and giggled to herself.

Alya's POV:
Alya watched as Marinette and Adrien talked, checking if he would accept her request to get together during the weekend. She noticed Adrien nod, then the two eventually entered the classroom together.
Alya fast-walked towards Nino with a grin on her face. "They're gonna hangout!" She exclaimed.
"That's great- but uhh" Nino paused, "don't they always hangout? What would be different about this time?"
"Well this time, you and I will be-"
"Woah! You want me to interfere?" He interrupted.
Alya groaned, "They're not going to admit there feelings for each other anytime soon! Not unless their two amazing friends help." She elbowed him and winked.
"But-"
"Don't you wanna see them get together?" She begged.
Nino scoffed, then looked at Alya and smiled. "Okay.." he replied, hesitantly.
"Yes!" She cheered. "Oh- and we should probably get to class." She added as she showed him the time on her phone.
"But first-" Nino leaned in and kissed Alya on the cheek. "Alright now we can go" he smirked and continued walking.
"God, you're so cheesy." She rolled her eyes and smiled.
--
Marinette started to worry. The bell was going to ring any second now and Alya still hadn't shown up. "I don't understand- she was just in the hallway!" Marinette thought. Meanwhile, Adrien was thinking the same thing about Nino. Before either of their thoughts could progress, both walked into the room.
"Where were you? You were almost late to class today!" Marinette's concerned look changed to a smirk, "Were you with Nino?" She taunted with emphasis on the 'O'. Alya pouted her lips and averted her eyes, "..Yes."
"Ohh~" Marinette giggled, "I understand." Alya grinned, thinking about how she would be able to tease her best friend once she got her and Adrien together.
The bell rang, announcing that class had begun. Everyone became silent and turned their attention to the front of the room.

•Time skip•

The class anxiously waited for the announcements to end and the last bell to ring, signaling that everyone could return home and away from the stress of school for a while. Ring! Marinette and Alya gathered their belongings as the rest of he class fled out the door. "Bye Adrikins~ we've got to get together this weekend!" Marinette heard Chloe exclaim loudly, followed by her signature laugh. She smiled to herself knowing that he was going to be with her this weekend, not her snobby rival.
Adrien of course, too nice to reject Chloe, just smiled and practically ran out the door with Nino.
Alya and Marinette walked back to the bakery together, making small talk along the way. "Sorry that I'm not able to hang out with you this weekend, Mari." Alya once again apologized. "Don't be sorry- we can always hang out!" She reassured her.
"Oh yeah, so are you and Adrien gonna meet up later?" She pretended not to know the answer, with intent to bring up the subject. Marinette nodded, "Mhm! W-why do you asked?" She stuttered. "
"C'mon, we need to sit down for this talk." Alya said and grabbed the girls wrist.

The two were now settled into Marinette's room.
"So..why'd we need to sit down for this?" Marinette asked in confusion. "Alright- so you and Adrien." Alya started. "Mhm.." She replied in a more concerned tone. "You need to get together with him! This weekend!"
"..Alya-" Marinette blushed and leaned her head back in the chair. "Oh, don't give me any excuses girl." Alya stood up, "You've been waiting so long! I want to see you happy with him!" She said, lowering her voice at the end. "B-but I just.. I can't." Marinette bit her thumbnail and frowned. "I'm so awkward- how do I even get closer to him?" She added.
"You could...go out to eat with him! You guys are already meeting up tonight" Alya suggested. "How would this be different-"
Alya rolled her eyes as she recalled a very similar conversation she had earlier. "Just trust me, there's nothing to worry about." Alya replied confidently.
Marinette thought about it for a second- "Okay." She smiled lightly, "I'll text him now!"
"Yes girl!" Alya cheered. The plan was going along well, now Nino just needed to complete his part.

Adrien and Nino met up after school in the Agreste mansion. They talked as they normally do, until Nino got a text from Alya. He looked startled at first, then put his phone down. "So..you and Marinette." Nino said, changing the subject.
"What about us?" he played innocently. "Dude- don't you see? Now's the perfect time to make your move!" Nino insisted. Adrien inhaled deeply, then exhaled. "Alright." He replied. "So you're on board?!" "..Yes." Adrien replied.
"Awesome! So first, since you guys are meeting up later-" Nino started. "-Wait" Adrien interrupted, "how'd you know we were meeting up?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Oh shoot." Nino thought, he'd forgotten not to let that last part slip. "I uh, overheard you and her talking in the hallways." He lied. "Ah." Adrien replied.
"So- how am I gonna get closer to Marinette?" He added bashfully. Suddenly Adrien received a text from his crush- perfect timing. Nino smirked, knowing entirely what was going on. "She wants to go somewhere to eat later-" Adrien exclaimed as he showed the text to his friend. "Dude! That's perfect-" Nino chuckled, "You could take her somewhere nice, like a date!" Nino winked.
"A- a date?" He blushed profusely.
"Yeah! Here, let me see-" Nino said as he grabbed the blonde boy's phone, which was conveniently opened to his messages with Marinette. "Wait what are you doing!" Adrien yelled as he reached for his phone. Nino was already typing away, "aaand send!"
Nino tossed Adrien his phone back. "WHAT DID YOU SAY TO HER-" he panicked and frantically looked through the messages. Adrien read out loud, "How about I take you somewhere nice?"
Adrien jumped and glared at Nino angrily. "Woah, dude calm down. Thanks to me, you're going on a date with Marinette!" Nino smirked.
"I-" Adrien started before being hit by the realization. "I'm going on a date with Marinette.." He repeated quietly, the corners of his lips lifting to a smile. He grabbed Nino's shoulders, "IM GOING ON A DATE WITH MARINETTE!" he once again repeated. Nino chuckled, "Yes, yes, well sorry bro- I gotta get going. Meetin' up with the gf soon." he exclaimed and threw in some finger guns. "Alright see ya dude!" Adrien waved to his best friend. "That's odd- I thought Alya was busy.." He thought to himself, "eh, who cares. I GOTTA GET READY FOR MY DATE!"

After a few moments, Marinette received a reply from her crush. "He replied!" she smiled and glued her eyes to her phone screen. She read the text out loud, "How about I take you somewhere nice?"..
"Marinette! He's asking you on a date!" Alya cheered. "A date!?" Marinette squealed.
"What do I do? What am I gonna wear? What do I order-" She rambled on anxiously.
"Girl, you have to reply to him!" Alya clenched her hands together with excitement.
"What do I say?" Marinette panicked. "Just say yes!" Alya yelled.
"Uhh.." She hesitated, then began typing.
"What'd you say?" Alya bit her lip.
"I'd love to!" She read, "is that good? I don't know how to do this-" Marinette hid her face in her hands.
Alya smiled and walked towards her friend, "Don't worry, just be yourself! He likes who you are Mari!" She reassured her.
Marinette slowly removed her hands from her face. "..you're right. I'll be fine. I'm just..going on a date with my crush." She breathed out.
"That's the spirit girl! Now uhh- I gotta go" Alya said as she checked the time. "But Alya I need you!" Marinette begged. "I need to babysit- just text me, okay?" Alya replied as she made her way towards the exit. "Okay." Marinette repeated.

Once Alya was gone, Tikki flew out from her hiding spot. "Congratulations, Marinette!" Her kwami yelled cheerfully.
"Thanks Tikki!" She smiled. "I'm glad I have you- I'm gonna need your help tonight." Marinette blushed.

--
To be continued.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I tried to make it longer to make up for yesterday's! I would keep going, but it's almost 3 o'clock on a school night and I gotta go to bed!
As always, bye-bye little butterflies!