part twenty-one

Marinette set her belongings into the trunk of her best friend's car then hopped in the passengers seat. "Girl- did you get any sleep last night?" Alya asked, gesturing towards the bags under her eyes. Marinette groaned and leaned her head against the seat, "No, I was too excited to fall asleep." Alya chuckled, "You're in luuuck" she sang, handing the poor girl a cup of coffee. She gasped in excitement, immediately taking a sip of the sweet drink.
"OhmygodIloveyou"
Within minutes, Marinette was acting like her normal self.
-

"So, who should we pick up first?" Alya smirked.
"Hm...Lets go with Nino first- that way if Adrein's dad says no, we'll already have a prepared getaway car!" Marinette joked...partially.
Alya squinted her eyes, "I...can't tell if you're kidding but...lets do it!"

Soon enough, the girls headed off to pick up Nino, who was waiting just outside of his house. Parking in the driveway, Alya hopped out. Marinette remained in the car, but from what she could see, the couple had a quick conversation then a hug, before loading into the car.
"-One more to go." Alya winked as she placed her hands on the steering wheel.
"Alright!" Marinette cheered, still energized from the coffee.
-

"Aaand make a left here!" Nino called from the back. Although Marinette knew the directions to Adrien's house like the back of her hand- she wasn't quite sure how that'd sound to her friends, so it was better to just let Nino say it.
The mansion came into view, and excitement stirred in Marinette's stomach.

Standing outside the gates, Adrien began approaching the car, a duffle bag in hand.
Marinette waved her arm outside the window at her boyfriend, who simply smiled and waved in response.
"Hey guys!" the model said as he hopped into the backseat.
Everyone greeted him in their own ways as the car once again took off, announcing the beginning of their trip.

The first hour or so of the drive was full of excitement and conversation, but soon enough, the group began to tire.
Marinette completely crashed after the caffeine's effect wore off, Nino could hardly keep his eyes open, and Adrien struggled to find a good sleeping position.

Adrien huffed as he gave up on finding a comfortable spot.
"Alya." he announced, "I will trade you one Nino for Marinette."
She raised an eyebrow quizzically, "Ehh- what?"
"...Can Nino and Marinette switch seats so I can sleep on her lap?"
Marinette's eyes shot open as her face turned bright red.
Alya laughed at her friend's reaction, and at the dorky question from her boyfriend.
"Well, if that's alright with you, Nino?" she glanced at him through the mirror.
"Oh, of course." Nino smirked. He attempted to climb up the seat before quickly being stopped by Alya, "No!" she yelled through fits of laughter, "Wait till we stop- you're gonna get me in an accident."
Adrien smiled slyly, "Anxious to see your girlfriend, aren't you?"
Nino scoffed a laugh, "More like anxious to get away from you."

The car filled with laughter, everyone having their own turns at ridiculous jokes. Finally, they arrived at a 'rest stop'- a McDonald's.
"Ooh can I get a-" Adrien started, before quickly being shut down by Alya, "Whatever you're gonna say- yes, if you have money."
"Dude, Adrien has enough money to buy us all something." Nino chipped in.
"Huh? When did I agree to this-"
"Ohh- I want another coffee!" Marinette said tiredly.
Adrien fought with his senses- but he wasn't strong enough to resist Mari's cuteness.
"..Fine."
Nino laughed, "You don't have to, we're just kidding around."
He shrugged, "Don't worry about it, I brought plenty of cash. Also- I'm slightly concerned for Marinette." he whispered the last part.
-
The teens quickly did what they originally intended to do- switch seats. Marinette now sat with Adrien in the backseat, a fresh coffee in hand as he rested in her lap.
They had a few small, insignificant conversations, until Nino spoke up.
"Oh yeah- how'd you get your dad to let you go?" he asked Adrien.
"For real!" Alya added.
Adrien shuffled around in his girlfriends lap, a smirk on his face,
"-I told him it was a trip required for one of my classes next year."
Everyone erupted in laughter, "How'd you get away with that?" Marinette giggled.
"I printed out a fake paper on Microsoft word." he winked.
"Dedication." Alya applauded.
"I told you guys I'd go no matter what."
--

Thanks for reading💕💕
Sorry for the shorter chapter, I'm a little tired rn!
But I hope you guys enjoyed it, and I'll try to be more frequent with updates 💗