Part sixteen

After managing to climb up the stairs, Marinette and Adrien let each spindle of fabric roll out of their hands and clatter against the ground.
Marinette's posture relaxed, "I can actually feel my arms now."
"Don't be so dramatic, bugaboo" he teased.
Her eyes widened at the nickname before remembering that he knew her biggest secret.
She smirked, "And to think, I was gonna install a cat door for you in my room."
"Really?"
"No." Marinette laughed as she plopped herself down on a couch.
Adrien sat beside her, "Then I guess I should start spraying pesticide, there seems to be bugs in here."
"They're probably attracted to all the rotten cheese you keep in here."
He couldn't hold back his laughter, "Okay, you win."
..
"Why must it be Sunday?" Adrien sighed as the realization hit him.
Marinette grumbled, her lips forming into a pout, "Ugh, I am not looking forward to school tomorrow."
He nodded, "This weekend was so fun, but so short."
"-And I should probably go back home soon." Marinette added, regretfully.
A frown formed almost instantly. Sure, he'd be able to see her at school the next day, bit that didn't stop the feeling of loneliness. This weekend, Adrien somehow forgot how lonely he actually was in his own house. The only company he actually had was Plagg, and that was only cause he wanted cheese. He couldn't tell if it were better or worse that to Marinette, he was only upset about returning to school.
Regardless, being the caring person she is, she immediately noticed his change of attitude and patted the spot beside her, gesturing for him to lay down beside her.
Adrien followed, and the two cuddled beside each other on the couch. Adrien wrapped his arm around Marinette's waist as she placed her hands over his shoulders, allowing his head to settle in the crook of her neck.
"I thought you needed to leave soon?" He whispered.
She chuckled quietly, "I think we both need a rest before we try carrying all that fabric again."
"...You're right." Embracing the excuse to be with her for just a little more time, Adrien snuggled himself closer and gently closed his eyes. Marinette smiled to herself as she watched him lay beside her. Using her free hand, she caressed his cheek and kissed his head, before allowing herself to be taken by sleep as well.

--
Thanks for reading!!
Sorry for the short chapter + the wait, I've just been catching up on sleep
aaaand
working on a marichat story, so look forward to that eventually!