Part fourteen

"Mari I can't believe it-"
She chuckled, but their was an unsettling sadness in her tone.
"...What's wrong?" He asked.
"Its just that...you seem so happy."
He raised an eyebrow, placing his hands on her shoulders.
"Of course I am- why wouldn't I be?"
"Because I...I lied to you Adrien! So many times! Even after you told me your secret. I just sat their, like a coward. I let you wonder who Ladybug was, while she- I was right in front of you the whole time." She didn't stop there, because once she got that out of her system, her words began falling out like a waterfall. It became harder and harder to hold in tears, and eventually she just let them flow free; not caring anymore how ridiculous she looked.
"And how ironic is that!? The brave ladybug is really the cowering Marinette. People...have such high expectations of who ladybug is. They never even suspect it could be me, and I don't blame them. It must be so disappointing- finding out someone who seems amazing is really a-"
Adrien interrupted, "Marinette stop."
She gazed up at his stern expression, her eyes widening at the way his tone clashed with that expression.
"Stop beating yourself up. Out of all people, I understand best why you hid everything from me. And I don't even care about that now- it's not important. And I'm not mad at you either, when I told you I was Chat, it was because I trust you. Because I was ready to let that secret out. I trust you Marinette. Your intentions weren't bad- that's why I'm not mad."
"Adrien I don't know what to-"
"It's okay. And let me just tell you, you left out some parts." He lightened his expression to a smile.
"Huh?" She questioned.
"Marinette is not only a super-talented artist and designer, but an amazing person, an amazing friend. Someone I'm happy to be around- as well as a whole lot of other people. Sure, she's clumsy, but that's what makes Mari herself."
A muffled laugh escaped her lips as she wiped her eyes and averted her gaze.
"And I adore all those things about you."
She turned her face back towards him in surprise.
As if she wasn't already overwhelmed, he continued.
"And Marinette- you are Ladybug. The way I see it- you are brave...and so what if it takes a mask to bring out your courage? Doesn't that mean you had something in you to begin with?"
"I-" she paused, "I never thought about it that way...how come you're so smart?" She chuckled.
He chuckled back, "I don't know, I guess you really just bring things out of me."
It suddenly became clear how close the two were standing-
"Oh- and...as long as we're confessing stuff..I have something I wanna tell you."
"O-oh- go ahead-" she stuttered at what seemed to her as a shift in conversation.
"Are you gonna tell me you're Chat Noir?" She joked.
"Marinette..."
He cupped cupped her cheek in his hand, wiping away a stray tear that had yet to have left her porcelain skin.
"...I love you." The words felt so natural and so overdue, but hearing them come out caused even himself to blush.
"A-and I don't just mean as a friend..or a close friend..or a best friend.."
Their hearts both pounded through their chests.
Marinette laughed, "Adrien it's just that...I've had a huge crush on you...ever since we met."
"What!? You have-"
"Haha- I thought it was really obvious, I'm kind of relieved you didn't notice all my awkward moments."
The two laughed loudly, arms wrapped around each others in a hug.
Once they separated, the two stared off into each others facial features.
"Marinette- you know that time we went out to dinner?"
"You mean yesterday?" She chuckled.
"Haha, yeah...I just wanted to say...that whole time..I was a nervous wreck. I thought I could contain my feelings, but then you had to show up in that dress- you just had to look amazing."
"Wow- I think that's the only time anyone's really called me pretty." She giggled.
"I have another question I wanna ask..but first, did you let everything out? I wanna make sure you're really okay. So just tell me, anything." He asked, sincerity in his tone.
"Well..I guess their is one thing...I love you too, Adrien. I really do."
The two smiled,
"I guess that leads to my second question..."
"Can I kiss you?"
Marinette smiled brightly, her heart racing rapidly as she placed her hands to his cheeks, and standing on her toes, pressed her lips against his.
Releasing moments later, Adrien laughed, wrapping his arms around her back,
"I'll take that as a yes."
"Obviously." She teased.
And with that, Adrien brought his lips to hers in a passionate and much anticipated kiss, followed by many more.

--
The holy chapter of shipping and smooches is here..
Thank you for reading this chapter~ hope you enjoyed