Part fifteen

The two went on with their plans, figuring it'd be best to continue any conversations about their superhero identities somewhere private.
Adrien guided Marinette through the town, showing her all the market areas he knew she'd like. In the end, Marinette had gathered plenty of fabric rolls, enough that both of them were using two arms to carry them all.
"You didn't have to do that, you know?"
"Do what?" Adrien asked, pretending to be oblivious.
She nudged at the arms-full of fabric she held, "-Buy me all this fabric!" she chuckled, "I feel a little guilty."
Adrien didn't want her to feel guilty, he just thought she deserved this. This gesture didn't feel out of the ordinary to him- it's well known that Adrien is very financially stable, so whenever he had the opportunity to treat one of his friends, he was happy to do it. Of course, Marinette was way more than just a friend.
"You like it, don't you?" He smirked.
"Of course! It's beautiful- I've only seen pictures of such intricate dyeing techniques...and look at the way the fabric-" she continued, her descriptions filled with such detail they could only come from someone who passioned the subject.
And that was more than enough of a reason she deserved each spindle of fabric- Adrien admired how she could go on and on about what she adored doing.
Adrien chuckled to himself at the thought.
"Hm? What's funny?"
He steadied his laughter, "It's just that- you're so cute."
"Huh?" She blushed, "What do you mean?"
"Mari- I love hearing you talk so fondly about designing. That's why you deserve all this, I wanna support anything you like doing. Especially when you're so good at it." He smiled as he too got lost in his words.
She smiled, she'd never heard someone- other than her parents- speak so admirably about what she did. To her, it was a passion, something she knew she wanted to do in life. It made other people happy, which in return, made her happy. Thats how she knew becoming a designer was what she wanted to do. What she had to do. And hearing Adrien- someone she herself admired, not even hesitate to tell her just how much he adored what she did warmed her heart and more.
"...If my hands weren't so full right now I'd be hugging you."
He grinned, "I appreciate the thought."
-
Carrying so many spindles of fabric became a chore after a while. Although the original plan was to go back to the bakery, they decided that with Adrien's house being the closer of the two, they'd go to his.
"This was a bad idea- walking." Marinette groaned.
Adrien tried to make light of the situation, even though he felt like his arms would burst any second.
"It's good exercise, we're just working off all those croissants we ate."
"When did you become my personal trainer?" She joked.
"It's included in the boyfriend package."
Boyfriend. Marinette's boyfriend. That was something he was certainly looking forward to being.
She giggled, "Really though- thank you so much for buying me all this."
"You don't have to keep thanking me."
"I feel obligated to make you something at least."
"If that's what you wanna do- it's your fabric after all." He smiled.
"How modest." She teased, "I'd be happy to make you something! I love making stuff for my friends-"
"What about boyfriends?" He teased back, discovering how much he loved referring to himself as her boyfriend. But the expression she showed when he said it was even better.
It suddenly turned into a teasing competition-
"Oh I think I'd enjoy making clothes for my boyfriend even more- if only I had one!" She couldn't even finish the sentence without laughing.
"Wait what?? Mari-" he shouted as she took off in front of him.
He laughed himself, "Stop running! You're gonna fall with all that fabric in your hands."
She laughed from ahead, "Oh, so you're my mom too?"
"I told you-" he yelled out as he caught up with her, huffing out the rest of the sentence, "-it's included in the boyfriend package"

--
Thank you for reading this chapter!
I hope everyone's enjoying all the loooove💕💕
I have plenty more in store for the next chapters, including a convo about ladybug and chat noir + Alya and Nino