The Unexpected

He threw my arm violently as he left. I frowned as tears filled my eyes. 'Just watch Ban Ryu.. You've changed completely.'

Soo-Ho looked at me. He seemed like he wanted to say something, but left.

"Aish.." I held onto my wrist as a bright red hand print was around it.

"Your Highness!" Lady Choi ran towards me as she looked at my wrist. "Your Highness, your wrist.."

"Lady Choi, I told you not to say that out here." I said, shushing her. "I'm going to pay Father a visit."

I brushed my dress and grabbed my cape as it laid on the dirt. I reached Father's house. It was quiet and empty.

"Mi-Suk..." The door opened and father stared at my direction with Lady Choi.

"I need to talk to you, father." I spoked as I walked towards him.

It was silent. I looked at my father with caring eyes, as he grabbed medical supplies.

"What is that you need to come here, Princess?" He begun, his eyes not focusing on me.

"It's about Queen Mother.. She's starting a new group to help the nation become stronger. She's calling it Hwa Rang."

".... They will become her dogs."

The thought ran through my mind. Ban Ryu's voice, 'They are picking dogs for the Queen...'

"Mi-Suk?" Father looked at me as I zoned off.

"Oh-.. Yes. Umm, Mother has planned to have me in charge with Lord Hwa Kong." I replied.

"Mmh.." He thought and looked at me. "How are you doing? No injuries? Pain?"

A sharp sting then was felt on my left wrist. I held onto it and shook my head.

"No, I'm fine." I smiled.

"Are you sure?" He invested a needle.

"Y-yeah."

Father was quick. Swift movement he always had. I was going walk out, but he grabbed my wrist. I wince softly and looked back at him.

"You should know that it's easy to see your emotions, Mi-Suk." He spoke, examining my wrist. "Did someone grab you?"

I stayed silent. I stared at the red ring around my wrist. 'Ban Ryu.. He grabbed me. It wasn't his fault. He will sooner or later realize my identify.'

"Never mind." He took a bowl of water and herbs. Taking a towel to drench it in, and placing it on my wrist.

"Father.." I softly spoke. "How come only Ban Ryu doesn't remember about me?.."

He stopped. Looking at me with his wide eyes. "Mi-Suk."

"He's cold.. He's not the same how he used to be!.. How does everyone think that I'm alive, but not-"

"Because!" He yelled, grabbing my shoulders. "Because... The past King thought it would be best.."

"How? He's not even my father. He's not suppose to make the decision that I wasn't dead! Ban Ryu wasn't allowed to enter the Palace then. Ban Ryu and I could've been together father..." Tears streamed down my rosy cheeks.

"Princess.." He sighed, wiping the tears away. "Don't worry too much.."

"You're right.. Ban Ryu will then know that I'm alive..." I took a breath and wiped off the tears. "I need to go. I've left the Palace for a long time now. I do not want to worry anyone."

"Alright." He stood up, taking the cloth off my arm.

I walked out of the building as a female and a familiar male walked pass me. The female looked back as I pass her.