Chapter 12: "#Over"

Kyle's P.O.V.

School, first period

I walk into the presidents room to find Jackson doing all the paper work.

"Snow Ball is in a couple days." Jackson says

"Yeah I know. Have to you seen Lyla today?" I ask

"Not since that party thing." He says

Skyline
-Chapter 12: "#Over"

I start to get worried. She hasn't answered any of my calls or my text. I hope she's okay. Zoey walks into the room. Alone. Lyla wasn't with her.

"Where's Lyla?" Zoey asked

"I haven't seen her either. I thought you would know?" I tell Zoey

Alex walks in too. He looks around scanning the room. He looks at me and ask "Where's Lyla?"

I look at Zoey, then to Jackson.

"She didn't tell you either?" Zoey asked

Alex looks and says "No."

"This isn't good." Zoey says

"We should look for her." Jackson says

"EVERYONE!" I yell "Stay calm. I'm sure she's okay."

"How are you sure?" Jackson asked

"Yeah?" Zoey says

Alex looks at me.

"Get out." I tell them

"What?" Zoey asked

"I said all of you get out. You guys are always so damn negative. CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE SOME HOPE?" I yell "Now get the hell out of here."

Zoey was shocked. Jackson grabs his stuff and walks out. Zoey follows Jackson's lead. I sit down and put my head in my arms. I start to cry. Lyla was my friend since forever.

Alex walks over by me and sits down next to me.

"I'm with you. I have hope that she's okay." Alex says

I wipe all the tears off my face and say "Will they forgive me?"

Alex laughs and says "Yes but if they don't, there not true friends. I'll always be here."

"Thanks." I smile

"No problem."

Zoeys P.O.V.

As I walk in the hallways I see Harley and Ashley talking. Then, Andrew walks up to them and hands them a bag of something. Andrew walks away quickly.

"Hey!" I yell

"Shit." Harley mumbles

"Hide them!" Ashley yells Harley

I walk up to them and look then in the says. I take a deep breath and says "Give me some."

Harleys eyes widen and she grins.

"Ooo so your some kind of badass now?" Ashley ask

"I could snitch on you?" I tell them

"Fine." Ashley says

"What is it?" I ask

Harley grins and says "Weed."

Kyle's P.O.V.

"Hey it's Lyla, leave a voice thingy at the um." Lyla laughs "At the beep!"

That was her voice mall. I call her again.

"Hey it's Lyla, leave a voice thingy at the um." Lyla laughs "At the beep!"

It went to voicemail again. Her voice makes me smile. It makes me feel safe. Like she's right here. I start to tear up. I call her again.

"Hey it's Lyla, leave a voice thingy at the um." Lyla laughs "At the beep!"

I start to cry. I need her, she is my everything. She means so much to me. She's supported me and always been there since the start of this. She forgave me.

I hear someone walk in the presidents room. I look up to see Nathan.

"Mr. Green is looking for you." Nathan says "She wants you in class."

I wipe the tears off my face and say "Be there in a sec."

Zoeys P.O.V.

"Hehehe." I laugh "So. How did your girls lose your virginity?"

Ashley laughs hard and says "Everyone thinks I had sex but I'm still a virgin."

Harley gasps. We are hideing in a closet.

"I lost my in a McDonald's bathroom." Harley laughs

Ashley and I laugh super hard.

"I lost mine a bed. Pretty normal." I tell them

"Whos ready for more!" Harley smiles

"Me!" Ashley kinda yells

What am I doing? My friend is gone and I'm getting high? Have I really lost all hope? Was Kyle right?

"I...um...I got to go." I say still high and walk out of the closet.

I walk and trip over my own feet. I stop in the middle of the hallways. I see Lyla.

"Lyla? Is that you?" I ask

I go to run over to her. She disappeares out of thin air. Gone. I start to cry. I fall to the ground and cry more.

"Zoey!?!?!?" Sean ask

He runs up to me and hugs me. He looks at me and asks "What's wrong?" He says giving me a warm hug.

"My best friend hate me and the other one is missing." I tell him

Sean hugs me harder and tells me "It's gonna be okay. I got you."

Kyle's P.O.V.

As I grab my books, I ask Nathan "Is Zoey in class?"

"No she's not. Why?" Nathan ask

"Tell Mr. Green I'm in the bathroom!"

I run and run. I hear her cries and a deep voice. I turn the corner in the hallway and see Sean hugging Zoey. I run up to them. Sean let's go.

"Kyle?" Zoey asked "I'm so-"

"I'm so sorry Zoey." I tell her

"No, I'm sorry." Zoey tells me

Zoey just hugs me tight. She hugs me so hard I can't breath. I hug back, I feel her smile.

"It's gonna be okay." I tell Zoey

She just hugs me and says "It will be okay, because we have hope."

Lyla's P.O.V.

When I got my damn blood test I dropped my phone and broke it. I put up my broken phone and throw it at my bedroom wall. They even kept me home from school. My friends are probable worried sick about me and there's no way I can contact them because my mom isn't home.

Then I hear her walk in. She's back from my blood test thing. I run down the stairs and look at her.

"Lyla, please sit down." My mom tells me

I sit down on the couch. She grabs my hand and starts to tear up. Her eyes were red. Tears pour down her eyes.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I ask worried

"I'm so sorry." She tears up more

All I heard were mumbles. But a few words caught my attention. My heart drops. It hurts. I want to just scream and cry. I want to run away. I start to cry and hug my mom.

The words were "Lyla, I'm sorry but you." My mom paused to cry "You have cancer."