Part 23

KIARA

As I reached the Room 306, I sighed and opened the door. My heart began to beat harder as I watch him lay on the hospital bed sleeping. I went over to the couch and placed a sleeping Chloe down. I saw him being hooked up to so many machines with his eyes clothes.

I went over to the bed and held his hand and stroked his cheek.

"I'm so sorry that we weren't able to get over this stupid petty arguments." I said as tears begin to flow down my face.

"I wasn't there to protect you as a wife. I love you so much. You've helped me get through the toughest times in my life and you never judged me. You and Chloe are honestly my world and I just don't even know what I could or will do without you. I am so sorry." I cried not bothering to wipe the tears that was streaming down my face.

I felt his hand tighten around mines. I gasped and went over to press the button to signal a nurse to come into the room.

He then opened his eyes and called out for me.

"Babe."

I went back over to him, "Are you okay? Do you feel well?"

"Yeah, I'm just a lil' tired."

A few seconds later a nurse and doctor busted into the room.

"Is everything fine?" The doctor asked.

"He woke up, he says he's fine."

He went over to examine Tre and his heart beat.

"He seems to be doing well, but as I said before he will need to stay for a few days for suicide watch."

"He would never try to kill himself! Right babe?"

He looked forward at his toes and I got my answer.

"I'll leave you guys alone for a while." The doctor said leaving along with the nurse.

I went over to him and sat on the edge of the seat.

"Did you really try to kill yourself?"

He continued to look ahead at his toes.

"Babe."

"I did! Okay? Damn you happy now?"

I remained quiet for about a minute as thought was running my mind a mile a minute.

"But why? You know I'm here for you babe." I spoke softly.

"You not here! You on' even wanna answer a nigga text messages. You already know I ain't none without chu!" He yelled.

"But that d-"

"But nothing! You know how much you mean to me and you just gon' use that to your advantage to torture me!"

"You don't know how I feel? You constantly fucking degrade me whenever you are mad! I'm not just your rag doll whenever you feel like taking your anger on somebody. It's not right." I broke down crying. "It's not right."

He held onto me as I continued to cry.

"You know I don't mean that though."

"So why would you say it? All those mean things you say to me, stick with me. I love you so much but I'm just so tired."

"What you trying to say?"

"I don't Tre... I'm not leaving your side because you're the only one that I want. But things need to change from now on."

He nodded his head. "I understand that."

"I think we should take counseling." I said.

"You sho, we could just handle it ourselves?"

"I'm sure babe, this would be healthy for both of us y'know?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah now gimme a kiss, big cry baby."

I laughed and leaned over to him and gave him a long sweet passionate kiss.

"I love you mama."

"I love you too baby." I said climbing on his bed and sleeping with him.

THREE DAYS LATER

Tre was finally released from the hospital and he was tired of the hard ass hospital beds that once we got home he automatically knocked out on the bed along with Chloe.

His birthday was approaching and even though he kept saying he didn't want to do anything. He already knows I got something up my sleeves.

I was cooking in the kitchen until I heard a loud knock on the door. I sighed and walked over to the door to see who the hell was knocking this late at night.

As I reached the door, I noticed there was a letter sitting on the front step. I bend over to reach for it and closed the door behind me.

The anticipation was eating me so I quickly opened the envelope and read what it said.

"You want to steal my man and my family? I got something coming for your ass bitch!

~Your nightmare.