Chapter Three

"How can you do this to me Zahra'u. I feel so betrayed. Why didn't you tell me Ya Adnan was back." I said frustrated.

We just finished our first lecture and were sitting in the school cafeteria.

"Hah! I'm sorry. I just wanted to surprise you."

When I first met Zahra,she told me all about her brother. He was schooling in the UK. When I first saw his picture, I had a die hard crush on him. And the way he treated me today, I don't think he feels the same way. Urgh who am I kidding? I'm just plain old me.

I ignored her and asked my next question. "When did he come back?"

"The day before yesterday."

I gasped. I knew I was over reacting but hey he was my crush.

"And I'm just knowing?" I cast her an annoyed look.

"How many times do you want me to apologize? Just fashi it girl. Let's talk business. Did you see the way he looked at you?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Nah..don't play jokes with me. He was even kind of rude. Left without saying goodbye." I said.

"Don't mind him,that's how he is. But you have to bear with him. He's not used to interacting much with the opposite sex because of....."
She quickly clamped her mouth shut as if she said too much. Now that piqued my curiosity.

"Because of what?"

She shook her head. "Not my story to tell."

"What happened to us being best friends and never hiding anything from each other?" I raised a brow at her.

She sighed. "Sorry best friend. I can tell you everything but this."

I noticed the atmosphere was tense so I decided to divert the topic.

"No problem Zahra'u." I then stretched and said. "And to think ya Ahmad asked about you today." I sighed and was painting my nails with an invisible nail polish.

That got her attention straight up. She had a huge crush on ya Ahmad just like I had on ya Adnan. We always joked on how we were gonna be in laws and marry each other's brother.

"Oh tell me, tell me. What did he say?"

I smirked at her and replied. "Not my story to tell."

"My words right back at me,huh?" She smiled.

I nodded and stuck my tongue out childishly. Being the disturber that she was. She kept insisting and I had no choice but to tell her.

"Oh my Allah." She exclaimed after I finished telling her. She looked like someone who just won a lottery.

I laughed. "Sis in-law speechless much?"

A wide grin spread on her face. Even though it wasn't much she saw it as some kind of progress.

"For this great news. I must do everything in my power to make sure ya Adnan notices you."

Now it was my turn to smile widely.

"Oh thank you thank you Zahra'u,what would  I do without you." I said and hugged her.

Yes we were childish like that.

She laughed and hugged me back. We continued talking about random things before it was time for our next lecture. We were having Field Archaeology I . One of my best courses.

After an hour, the lecturer dismissed us. But not without an assignment. I loved the course but damn I hate assignments.

We gathered our books and went to the parking lot to wait for Adnan.