Chapter Six

Zahra's POV

I've got to make things right. I made a promise and I would keep it. Seeing the way Ikram left with no emotions in her eyes,it broke me. She had so much hope and the news I gave her shattered every ounce of hope she had.

I prayed Asr and decided to take matters in my own hand. I strolled over to Ya Adnan's room and entered without even bothering to knock.

"How many times do I have to tell you to knock before entering?" He said without looking up from his laptop.

"Whatever. I'm your sis and I can barge in whenever I like."

"Suit yourself." He said without even glancing at me. My brother is an asshole. I rolled my eyes.

"We need to talk." I said in my most serious voice.

"We've got nothing to talk about sis. So please can you just leave me alone. I'm trying to concentrate on a movie here."

"It's about your so called marriage. I think I can help you out."

That got his attention and I smirked. He quickly put his neutral face and replied as if he didn't care.

"And what about my so called marriage? How can you help. I doubt you can get a wife for me in the next two weeks."

I smirked. "And what if I can?"

"Zahra stop playing games with me."

I rolled my eyes. "Do I look like someone who's playing games?"

I got tired of standing and went to sit beside him on his king sized bed. He was watching 'La La Land'. I wanted to mock him but decided against it.

"And who gave you the permission to sit on my bed?"

"Duh! I'm your sister. What's yours is mine."

He shrugged. "You were saying?"

"Aha. It's pretty obvious that you aren't ready for marriage. So I decided to make an offer to you."

"Do you have a wife for me or not?" He asked impatiently.

"Just hear me out,okay? And with this attitude of yours I feel bad for her."

"Who's her?"

I ignored him and continued. "So as I was saying, I can talk to Abba to postpone your wedding. Let's say to six months?"

He laughed bitterly." I doubt that. He wants me to bring a wife and I still haven't. So please if you're done wasting my time, can you leave my room?"

God. He's so annoying. I'm trying to help him here.

"I did not say I was done. But of course you'd have a bride. I'll convince him that you guys need to get to know each other better."

"Hmm..." He looked deep in thought.

A smile crept on my face. I'm starting to get through him.

"But that doesn't mean I want to get married." He said and my face fell.

"And who's the girl in question?"

"Ikram." I said simply.

"And who is Ikram?"

I felt like blowing up his head and feeding him to the vultures.

"My friend that I introduced you to the other day. Her parents too want her to get married soon. So I think you guys are the perfect match for each other." I said enthusiastically.

"Oh..her." The way he said it made me angry.

"Yes, her." I replied curtly.

"What's with the change of mood?" He asked completely oblivious.