Chapter Sixteen

Thanks for the new cover sadreadingchick I love it!

Ikram's POV

It had been two weeks since my wedding and the incident with Adnan. School had resumed and Adnan was back to work. I don't know what changed that morning but I knew that something changed between us. He doesn't ignore me and he tries to make up small conversations with me. I was relieved that at least he spared some of his time for  me. Little by little I pray he gets past whatever was bringing him down.

I was in my room getting ready for school. A new semester and a new school year. My third year to be exact.

I couldn't believe that I've gone this far and I've got like a year more to finish with the stress that school came along with. I dressed in a pink and blue skirt and blouse and tied my headtie in neat steps and then grabbed a blue veil. Apparently since I'm married I have to dress like one mama but I honestly don't mind,since I wasn't really some fashionista.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs to find Adnan already waiting for me. He informed me that he would be the one taking me to school and bringing me back and that if he couldn't make it Zahra could give me a ride.

"Good morning." I greeted with a smile.

"Morning." He said without returning my smile. It hurt but I was taking everything slow. I wasn't going to push him too hard. But I thought we had some kind of mutual agreement?I guess not. I sighed heavily and made my way outside. He should lock the door for all I care.

I stood by his car waiting for him and he finally arrived. He wore a sky blue kaftan with a matching cap. His shoes were black,probably some designer shoes. I must say, sky blue really fitted him with his complexion and all. I turned my face so he doesn't have to notice I was blatantly checking him out. 

He opened the doors and I sat at the passenger side making myself comfortable in the car. The car seats were so comfy. He entered and started the engine and off we went.

And as you know me I just had to make up a conversation and that's what I did.

"I want to visit my parents later today when I come back from school." I said looking at him. I haven't seen my parents or siblings since the day they brought me to my matrimonial home. But ya Ahmad called me. I guess Zahra conveyed my message. Though I felt like my family had already abandoned me.

"I won't be back early from work,so I wouldn't be able to take you. Why not tomorrow." He said without looking at me.

"I can go by myself never mind. I'll just call a cab or something." I was really feeling homesick and if I didn't see my family today,I think I'll go crazy. Sitting in that house alone well not technically alone was torture. I get really bored and my dear husband here doesn't keep me company.

I heard him sigh,with his eyes still on the road and his hands clutching tight on the steering as if he was having an internal battle,he finally spoke. "I guess I can come back early and then we'll go."

I smiled and felt like hugging him at that moment. "Thank you,thank you." I said excitedly.

I thought I saw something close to a smile on his face? Nah my eyes just tricked me. "I'm that boring huh? Look at how excited you're to go home." He said and I swear I could detect a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Uhm,well it's not like that. I just miss them alot. I haven't seen them in like forever but yeah you know,you're boring,no offence." I said liking that he's loosening up a bit. I might never get this chance.

His laughter boomed in the car. Oh my God,he laughed. This was the first I've ever heard him laugh and my God, the sound was magical,I could listen to him laugh all day. And I was proud of myself that I made him laugh. "You're really something Bambi." He said.