Chapter Twenty

Well look at us at chapter 20, like seriously,when did I start this book. Feels like just yesterday. Thanks for all your support.❤❤

Dedicated to phareeydah_  Rukayyah_im , haneepher , harleemah02 .I see you guys!💋

Ikram's POV

I woke up feeling weak and that gut feeling I'd been having increased tenfold. It was time for fajr prayer so I performed my ablution and prayed. After praying,I decided to go back to sleep before it was time for my classes around ten but I couldn't go back. I watched as rays of sunlight start seeping through the curtain making me groan.

I checked my phone and it was 8:00 am. I was planning on waking up 8:30 but well,whatever. I climbed out of bed and went to the bathroom to take my bath. After that,I picked out a maroon and ash abaya and wore it. I combed my hair and tied it in a bun then used a headtie to cover it loosely as I went to check if Adnan was awake. I don't want him to over sleep his alarm and make me late for lectures.

I went over to his room and knocked but there was no response. I carefully opened the door but didn't find him anywhere in the dark room. I was tempted to pull open the curtains but I refrained from doing so not wanting push his buttons. He might be in a sour mood for all I know because with Adnan,you can never be so sure.

I heard the shower running so I'm guessing he was in the bathroom. Since he was awake,I wanted to leave his room but something pulled me back and made me sit on his bed. I just sat there staring off in blank space and almost didn't hear the clearing of someone's throat.

I turned and there was Adnan standing with just a towel around his waist. The curls on his hair were wet as they dangled freely. Beads of water were rolling down his chest and making him look more handsome. I sucked in a breath and tried to calm myself down at the jittery feeling I was getting.

"Like what you see?" He asked smirking.

I turned my face and blushed slightly. "Ah-well-erm-sorry...' I said stuttering unable to form a coherent sentence. The power this greek god had over me is overwhelming.

He chuckled and  picked up another towel hanging from his wardrobe to dry his hair. I just stood there dumb looking at him. After he dried his hair,he put the towel around his neck and started walking towards  me.

I started backing away but my back hit a hard surface and I found myself leaning on a wall as Adnan approached me looking into my eyes. He came over to where I was standing and put his hand on the wall just above my head. It was more like a staring contest,I got lost and distracted in his eyes that I didn't even realize he was leaning towards me,his eyes leaving my face and looking downward torwards my lips.

I snapped out of my trance as I realized what he was about to do. I tried to manoeuvre myself away from him but he gripped my arms holding me still looking once again into my eyes.

"Adnan wh-what are yo..." I didn't get to complete the sentence when the next thing I felt was his lips on mine. I closed my eyes and savoured how his lips felt warm and made me feel alive. He kissed me softly wanting me to open up and that's what I did. I let him in. The feeling was like fire within my bones,like my soul has found its home,like every part of me that came from a dead star was alive once again.

I felt him loosen the grip on my arms as he stopped the kiss. I felt empty and wanted more but my head kept whispering that it was the hormones at work.