Chapter Nine

The most excruciating type of pain isn't heartbreak, it's one-sided love
-Siyyamah

Ikram's POV

"You're just a suggestion."

Those words kept ringing in my head. The moment he said that, everything around me spun. I excused myself and ran to my room. On reaching,there was only one thing to do.Cry. And that's what I did. I let the water works loose and cried my heart out.

What had I gotten myself into? What did I do to deserve this treatment from him? I was starting to doubt my decision. Did I make the right decision? So many questions running in my head.

God,I need answers and no one is providing them.

I heard the door open and Zahra came inside. When did she get here? My head was facing the bed so she couldn't see me. I tried wiping the tears so that it'd become less visible.

"Hey,have you been crying?" She asked.

Well I guess it was still visible. There was nothing to hide anymore.

"Uhm,well not really."

"Are you saying I'm blind then. Ikky what's wrong? Is it Adnan? I swear I'll break his leg."

I giggled softly.

"No he's not the one. I'm just overwhelmed. It's just hard to believe that I'm engaged and will be getting married in three months." I lied.

Her face became soft. "Aww,don't worry. Everything's gonna work out just fine. You guys just need to loosen up get to know each other. I'm sure you guys will have one of the most powerful love story ever."

"I doubt that." I muttered.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing Nothing. And,guess what?" I said diverting the topic.

"You know I don't like these guessing games,so out with it."

I rolled my eyes. Typical Zahra.

"Ya Ahmad asked for your number." I said looking at her and guaging her reaction.

"And I gave it to him." I completed with a big smile on my face. I was trying to distract myself from my own misery by focusing on my best friend.

"What?" She asked shocked.

"Yes,isn't that amazing? You should've seen his face when he was confessing his undying love for you." I said chuckling.

"Uhh Ikram,why did you give him my number?" She asked. Her face void of emotion. I tried reading her expression. Waiting for her to start laughing and telling me this was a joke but her face expression was impassive.

A frown made its way on my face. "What do you mean by why I gave him your number?"

"Wait Ikram,are you serious right now? You took me serious when I was blabbing my nonsense. I was just joking. Yeah I have a crush on him,but that doesn't mean I'm ready to be a thing with him."

Her words were like a massive blow to me. What does she mean? She must be joking. All this while,she kept on fawning over ya Ahmad was just fake? I can't believe her right now.