Chapter 7: Beaten, Bruised and Broken.

Nialls POV

I jump to my feet and run home as fast as I can ignoring Liam's calls for me to come back, his voice lacing with sadness.

Thankfully the meadow isn't too far from my 'house' so I easily run there in about 20 minutes with little struggle from my injuries Josh made earlier. I arrive at the front door and grab my key out of my pocket and brink a shaky hand up to the lock and unlock the door slowly pushing it open before I fully step inside.

It's dark and I'm automatically scared because knowing Bobby, he has this crazy twisted scheme in that little fucked up head of his and I don't want to find out what it is anytime soon. I slowly turn around and shut the door behind me softly and start to ascend up the stair case. Since its dark and Josh beat the shit out of me earlier I hold on to the railing for precaution. I'm almost up the stairs when I hear a snicker making me look up from my feet to see Bobby at the top of the stairs looking at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Before I even have time to process whats going on I feel two large hands press against my small torso and force me down the stairs.

I begin to fall down the long staircase and try to protect my face which already has a black eye from earlier. I yelp in pain as the wooden stairs poke and prod themselves into my spine and ribs. I fall quickly to the bottom and weakly try to get up with the little energy I have left. I prop myself up by my elbows to attempt to get up but a foot steps on my chest and pushes me down, making me wince as the material of my shirt rubs against my sore skin creating a unwanted and painful amount of friction.

" Thought you were cool huh Niall? Trying to underestimate me because we just moved huh? " Bobby ask angrily and I cringe at the vial smell of alcohol on his breathe. I quickly shake my head, unable to sign due to the amount of pressure on my chest.

" ANSWER ME YOU DISGRACEFUL PIECE OF SHIT! WHEN WILL YOU EVER FUCKING TALK HUH? THERE'S NOT A FUCKING THING WRONG WITH YOU YOU DAMN ATTENTION SEEKER!" Bobby yells with pure hatred as he kicks me repeatedly in the stomach. My eyes begin to tear up at the mean words he was saying.

But I know he's probably right. Maybe I am doing it for the attention and I just don't realize it. I know I'm mute but I wasn't always, I remember talking fully and having conversations and being happy. I don't know what happened after a while I just stopped talking.

The doctors don't know if I will even be able to talk but they always say it wont hurt to try but I don't try anyway because in reality, its so painful to talk. Emotionally of course because before I was mute the main person I always talked to was my mum.

I know I will be able to talk in the future or when I'm ready because I can make sounds like yelling and whimpering and laughing even though I haven't done that in a long time because honestly, why laugh if you know your life is a living hell and you cant help it?

Why laugh if you know you have to go home everyday to an abusive step father who burdens you over your dead mother? Why laugh if everyone just thinks your a freak? Why laugh if you know your going to be lonely the rest of your life and probably die in an old shitty house where no one will even notice your gone?

I just don't get it anymore. My life never really had a purpose to continue but I'm not giving up just yet. God put me here for a reason. To find my fate. My destiny. My love.

I get pulled out of my thoughts by a cold limp object crushing me, smelling like a mix of a pub and an ashtray. I look down to see an unconscious Bobby on top of me. I cry out in pain and try to wriggle out of his grip.

After about 10 minutes of constant struggle I manage to push Bobby off of me. I Stoop above him feeling like Im free but in reality I'm probably just going to get another beat down tomorrow. I wince with each step I take. Making my way further up the narrow staircase until I finally make it to the top and too my room. I fall face first on my bed, cringing in pain at the amount of soreness on my bruised face.