Chapter 8: Trashcans and Discussions

Liams POV (WHAAA)

Three days. Its been three fucking days without seeing my Niall. Wait? Did I just say MY Niall? Oh well. I'm really worried about him and havent slept properly since he left. His dads call was scary and he even intimidated me. Its like every time I close my eyes I imagine him being beaten like a slave by a monster. I pray for him now. All the time. Im just so damn worried that his dad will go too far and kill him or something. I dont know the guy but by the sounds of it he seems capable of everything.

Right now I'm laying in my bed engulfed in total darkness. I just haven't been able to sleep for some reason. I turn my head to the right a little and catch a glimpse at the clock. 3:29 a.m. It doesn't seem this late. I've been in my own little world for the past 3 days and I cant help but think why? Why Niall? He doesn't deserve being yelled at like that and he sure as hell doesn't deserve being beat.

I feel something for him. Like every time I talk to him- Well sign to him I guess I just feel special. Only I know his little secret and until he feels comfortable with sharing it with other I wont tell anyone else. Maybe I'm feeling overprotected because he seems so innocent and I just want him to be safe? I don't know I guess I'll ask the guys at school.

Maybe Niall will show up today and we can talk-er sign about why hes been out. Speaking of school what time is it? I turn my head to the clock again. 8:45! Dammit I'm gonna be late. I need to stop thinking so much.

I scramble out of bed and to my feet and run to the bathroom and take a quick shower. 10 minutes? I took a 10 minute fucking shower. Damn me and my thinking. I quickly get dressed and grab my bag and run downstairs. I pass the kitchen and stop to get a quick snack. I grab and apple and water and run out the door, locking it on my way to school.

I look at my wrist watch to see how much longer I have till' first block starts which is at 9:15. Okay well its about 9:06 so I have a little less then 10 minutes to run my ass to school. I re-secure my backpack and go from fast walking to a full on jog so I'm not sweating when I get to school.

I get to school a minute before first block starts so theres not really any use rushing to my locker or anything. I walk down to my locker and grab my books, shoving the unnecessary ones back in. I zip up my bag and walk to the water fountain to refill up my bottle that I seemed to have drank from the hard run. I walk up to the water fountain and press the button but It doesn't work. I bang on the little machine and try again but of course that don't work either.

"Oh well guess I don't need this anymore" I walk to the trash can and am about to open the lid when I see a shoe. I pick it up and inspect it looking for another. Maybe someone dropped it on their way to gym-wait a minute. I look closer at the logo of the shoe. A Supra? Who wear Supras here anymore? I ask myself the question even though I already know the answer.

"Niall?" I ask uncertain looking in any empty lockers in case this is a replay from Monday. When no one answers or bangs on anything I start to walk away.

"Oh well, anyone could wear Supras. Not just Niall" I shrug it off and return to my earlier task of throwing away my water bottle I lift lid and jump quickly slamming it back shut.

"What the hell is that" I say to myself as I slowly lift the lid up, peeking through the small opening as if I was a small child playing hide and go seek. A foot. There is a fucking foot in the trash can. Wait not a foot but a whole leg so- A person? I lift the lid fully and pull it behind the trash can and inspect the scene. I was right. In front of me was a person. Upside down. Flipped in a trash can. Filled fully to the top with different varieties of trash.

"Um. Buddy. You okay in there" I ask unsure poking the legs and quickly retreating my hand back to my side. NO answer. Not knowing what to do I dig through the trash and find the other leg, sticking it out so the person is comfortable. I then slowly tip the trash can on its side. Its dirty contents flowing out. I grab the two pale legs and pull dragging the unknown body out from the can face first. I slowly flip the guy over and gasp.