Chapter 13 - Burn all your bridges and learn

Chapter inspired by – ‘Holding a Heart’ - Toby Lightman

‘Rhapsody on a windy night’ - The Getaway Plan (MY MOST FAVOURITE AUSTRALIAN BAND! LISTEN TO THEM AND YOU WILL WIN MY HEART!)

‘You left me’ - The Maine

–––––

Burn all your bridges and learn

The pool was a beautiful blue and the lights caused the water to shimmer like diamonds as it splashed between their bodies. The moon hung in the night sky amidst thousabds of twinkling stars and in that moment Ava had never seen anything so beautiful.  Liam was leaning against the wall with Addison in his arms, she had her back to his chest and she smiled brightly as she stroked his soft hands. Louis was sitting on the small wide step that ran around the edge of the pool and he absentmindedly kicked his legs as Addison told them animatedly about Liam getting into a bar fight in Miami.

“ He was so trying to get my attention!" She giggled between her hands.

Liam smirked, "Actually I was trying to help a damsel in distress." 

Ava laughed as she listened, she couldn’t wipe the smile off her face. She was with her friends, with Louis and for once everything didn’t seem so overly complicated it was just, carefree. Just how she liked it. Her mind was, for once numb of the string of constant thoughts and worries.

 She was playing with the bottle of wine in her hand and laughed as Liam relayed being hit by a very tall black guy who wanted to take Addison home, despite Liam’s outburst in the middle of a busy club. Liam was rolling his eyes as he told them about trying to look good, to get Addison’s attention. “Which I did,” he teased. 

 She raised one of his hands and kissed it tenderly, “Yes you did, baby.”

Liam smiled, Louis looked over his shoulder at Ava and winked. Ava giggled as she lifted the bottle to her lips and drank again, her head began to spin but she liked it. The bubbles easily slid down her throat as she tasted the sweet wine and raised the bottle. “Game time?”

Liam frowned, “This never ends well,” he said as if talking from experience. Louis shot him a look but said nothing and Ava wondered how much of their previous life she didn’t know about. Would she ever be apart of their new memories? Good and bad? Or would she always be overshadowed by the curly haired brunette who stole Louis heart long ago. 

 She sighed and Louis inched closer stroking her bare thigh, “What are you thinking?”

 “Trust me,” she drank again. “You don’t want to know.”

 “Well now I do,” he said. 

Ava shot Addison a worried look and Addison quickly piped up. “Okay me first?” Ava mouthed ‘thanks’ as she let out a sigh of relief and Addison quickly winked. She sat on the step and began pulling her curly blonde hair into a tight pony, “Come on?” Addison looked at them all, “Truth or dare me?”

Liam sighed, “Tru-“

Louis said, “Dare,” at the same time with a wicked grin. 

 Addison raised her eyebrows with a giggle, “Okay, go?”

Louis tapped his chin and then snorted, before he spoke up Liam was pulling an uneasy face. “I dare you and Ava to make out?”

Ava’s mouth dropped open and Liam just groaned but to everyone’s surprise without a seconds thought she swam over to Ava and sat on the step. On her knee’s she leant over Ava who, at this point was still wide eyed and shaking her head at Louis as she sat on the edge of the pool. Addison took in a deep breath as she placed her hands on either side of Ava’s thighs and Ava looked at her. “What are you-?”