Chapter 33 - My first mistake was loving you

My first mistake was loving you

It all happened so fast, one minute they were talking and Harry was finally opening up. The next all chaos ensued, Harry was screaming his eyes bloodshot and his fists flying. Porter tried to show Harry reason, to yank him from the darkness but it was too late. Harry’s voice was shrill, Porter’s hands were shaking and before he could make sense of it all the door swung open. Harry was thrown to the ground, whimpering and Porter’s mouth dropped open. He tried to get to Harry, to calm him down but he couldn’t. Harry was a mess, a broken irrational mess and as his mind began to overflow Porter saw reality slip away. 

Harry’s body was shaking, convulsing as three thousand volts spewed through his nervous system. Porter screamed out, Harry went blank. Porter broke down, Harry closed his eyes. Porter tried to break past the police officers that held him tightly. It was no use, he was hurled into the hallway with a reeling mind and a thumping heart. 

He tried to catch his breath, “It’s okay, he’ll be okay,” was repeated over and over again but Porter couldn’t hear them, he was lost in his thoughts. Lost amongst the feelings of despair, he needed to help Harry. 

But the question that lingered in his mind… was it too late?

Porter was escorted to the lobby, his breath hitched in his throat and his face ghastly pale. With quivering hands he began fumbling in his pockets for his cigarettes, he could hardly control his fingers to pull the smokes out. Sweat beaded on his forehead, he couldn’t shake Harry’s screams from his ears. His mind was reeling, Porter walked slowly, each step was painfully heavy and he felt like he was going to be violently ill. The female officer had her arm around his waist, guiding him in silence, she tried to speak to him and reassure him but it fell on deaf ears. 

As he rounded the corner he saw three boys with pale faces and worried expressions leaning against the far wall. Porter swore and tried to turn around but Louis was running at him. 

“Porter!” Louis called out as he ran. 

Porter tried to find his composure, control his emotions and as he took a steady breath Louis hands were on his arms. “Is he-“

Porter nodded and forced a smile, “He’s fine,” Porter said. 

Louis visibly relaxed and turned to Niall with a big smile but Niall was looking at Porter, a frown on his face. He knew that look, of course he did. Niall had seen Harry in here, at his worst. Niall knew Harry better then any of them at this point. Porter raised a finger to his lips, a silent request to stay quiet and Niall nodded as he turned to Louis. 

“I told you,” Niall smiled as he rubbed Louis back. 

“What happened?” Zayn began. 

“What did they say?” Louis was breathless, “Can I see him?” he was pacing from foot to foot as he looked at Porter with wide eyes.

Porter shook his head, “No,” we can’t go back.

There was an angry scream, riddled with unencumbered terror that reverberated through the corridor and Louis froze, “Is that-“

“No,” Porter said quickly. “Come on,” he grabbed Louis arm and quickly began pulling him from the lobby. “We need to go back to Zayn’s, I need to speak to Rachel.”

“Rachel?” Louis asked but his eyes scanned the station as he was yanked through the revolving door. 

Niall hesitated, he looked back and his eyes widened Porter noted him quickly saying something to Zayn who was out the door in a second. As casually as possible the three began to try and usher Louis to the car. Away from Harry.