XIII

Louis' POV

9 days later

Me and Harry continue to hangout after the party, we are probably about 85% of the time together. In school, in free time, in weekends, the only time that we are not together is at night. I really like spending time with Harry, he makes me laugh, he makes me feel happy and he makes me feel normal. He doesn't treat me like I was a 'special' person, he treats me the way he treats his other friends. He has never made me feel bad, or sad, or anything besides happy. His contagious laugh is ringing in my ears, making me feel twingly in the pit of my stomach. Every time I hear his voice the butterflies in my tummy come alive, fluttering their wings.

A door bell ring interrupts my thoughts, and I get up from the couch. I almost forgot that I had invited Harry over.

"Hey Haz." I say, opening the door. He murmurs 'hey Lou'  to my neck, as he embraces me into a warm, tight hug.

"How're you feeling?" he asks, pulling back, but not completely. He still keeps his hand around my wrist, he is always touching me. Arm over my shoulders, hand around my wrist, or just his soft fingertips brushing against my cheek.

"I'm fine." I say, giving him a smile. "What about you?" I ask, looking up at him. Well, not exactly looking, but I just like to show people that I am listening to them.

"I'm good." he says, and I can almost hear the smile in his voice.

"So, have you thought what you want to do today?" Harry asks as we walk to my kitchen. I pour a glass of juice for me, shrugging.

"You want?" I ask, raising the juice box.

"No thanks." he answers, and I put the box back to the fridge.

"Well, in that case, I have a plan for us." he says, as I sit on a kitchen chair in front of him.

"What is it?" I ask, taking a sip of my juice.

"It's a surprise." he says, the smile evident in his voice.

"Ughhh, you know how I hate surprises." I groan and he laughs.

"This surprise is a good one. Will you trust me?" he asks and I smile.

"Of course."

Harry's POV

I stare at Louis while we walk down the street, to the bus station. I stare at his beautiful features, soft skin, feathery hair, and those thin, rosy lips, wishing I could kiss them. It's probably wrong to think things like that about my best friend, but I can't help it. I've fallen for him, I know it. There is no going back anymore.

You can notice that you have fallen in love by the way you stare at the person like they were the most precious thing in your entire world. You can notice it when you want to hold their hand, but not as a friend. You can notice it when you want to kiss them and say the three words for them. I can now notice it, and I'm afraid I will just get my heart broken. I'm afraid he will not feel the same way. It's my biggest fear right now.

"What're you thinking about?" Louis asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Nothing really." I lie, giving his hand a squeeze. He flashes me a smile, squeezing my hand back.

"So are you gonna tell me what we're gonna do?" Louis asks as we cross the street.

"Nope." I say, popping the 'p'. "It's a surprise, I told you." I say, grinning.

"Well can you at least tell me where we are going?" he groans.

"To the bus station. My mom is at work, so she couldn't give us a ride." I explain.

10 minutes later we arrive to the station, and I notice our bus is already here.

"That's our bus, come on!" I say, starting to run with Louis. The bus roars, about to leave.

"Harry, wait- I can't-" Louis says, letting go of my hand. I try to stop the bus, but it just keeps driving. I watch as the bus turns around the corner, leaving us behind.

"Well, fuck." I say, turning to Louis. He has his arms around his body, head hanging low.

"It's scary for me to run, you know." he mutters.

"It's fine Lou, I shouldn't- I'm sorry." I sigh, walking to him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's not like you are not the slow, disabled one." he says, turning to walk away from me.

"Louis, don't say that." I say, grabbing his arm, but he shakes my hand off. 

"Save it. I want to go home." he mumbles.

"Lou, there is gonna come an another bus in like twenty minutes-" I try to get him to stay but he just shakes his head.

"No, I don't feel like going anymore. I just want to go home." he says, still walking away from me.

"Okay. If that's what you really want." I say, disappointed. I was planning to take him into a bike ride, a tandem bike ride, more specifically. After that, we were supposed to get something to eat, and then I wanted to take him to the beach. Guess we are gonna do that some other time, if he still wants to even be with me.

I try to take Louis hand, but he flinches his hand away. I feel like I've been slapped in the face.

"Louis, I'm sorry for what happened. I wasn't thinking, and I'm sorry that I made you run. Please, just talk to me." I plead him.

"It's fine." is the the last sentence he says, he is quiet for the whole walk to his house.

Louis' POV

"Well I'll see you in school tomorrow, alright Lou?" Harry says when we arrive to my house.

"We'll see about that." I say, wrapping my hand around the door knob, about to go inside. Harry grabs my arm, stopping me.

"I meant it when I said I'm sorry." he says, the guilt evident in his voice. I sigh, why can't he understand it isn't his fault?

"It's fine, stop saying you're sorry. It's not your fault." I answer softly. I give his hand a squeeze, trying to convince him that it's fine.

"I will see you in school tomorrow, night Lou." Harry says, and raises my hand to his face, giving my knuckles a small kiss. Then he starts walking away, leaving me to stand on my doorstep, astonished. I run my left hand over my right hand's knuckles, right where he had planted the kiss. I can't help but wonder how it would have felt if he had kisses my lips instead of my knuckles.

knuckle kisses make me so weak halp

vote & comment