XIV

Song for the chapter: Possibility by Lykke li

Harry's POV

I searched for Louis in the school, but I didn't find him anywhere. Did he skip school because of what happened yesterday? Or because he doesn't want to see me anymore? Or because-

"Hey Harry, you okay?" Niall nudges my elbow in math class. I snap out of my thoughts, shrugging.

"What's wrong?" he whispers, his piercing blue eyes looking at me, concerned.

"I kinda fucked up yesterday." I sigh. "We were supposed to have a fun day with Louis, but I screwed up.. I- I tried to run after our bus, and forced Louis to run. I wasn't thinking- it didn't even come to my mind that running is scary for him, because- well you know. So I tried to tell him I was sorry, and he insisted that it wasn't my fault, which is a lie. It was my fault. I just- I need to talk to him, but he hasn't showed up to school today." I replied, and he gives my shoulder a squeeze.

"You can call him at lunch, or just go see him after school?" Niall suggests.

"Yeah, I'll call him then." I say, and wait for the bell to ring.

"I'll catch up with you guys later, I'm gonna call Lou." I tell my friends, and they nod, walking to the school cafeteria. I take my phone out of my pocket, calling Louis immediately.

"Hey, Harry." a voice answers, but isn't Louis. It's her mom.

"Hey, uh, is Louis there?" I ask, my voice laced with worry.

"Yes, he is upstairs, sleeping." she answers with a soft voice.

"Oh, okay." I pause. "I know it's none of my business, but why didn't he come to school today? Is he okay?" I ask.

"Physically he is fine, but.. I don't know, he just said that he needed a break from school." she answers, sighing.

"Oh." I know he doesn't need a break from school, he needs a break from me.

"I'll tell him you said hi, if you want." she says when I don't say anything for a while.

"Yeah, thank you." I say, and she hangs up after we exchange 'bye's.

Louis needs a break from me. Am I too pushy? Or am I too nosy? Have I forced him to hangout with me? I can't help but wonder what I've done wrong, besides yesterday.

I walk to the cafeteria, finding my friends right away. I sit besides Niall and he turns to me.

"He okay?" he asks, mouth full of food.

"He said, um- he told her mom that he needed a break from school, that's why he isn't here. But I know he is lying, he needed a break from me." I say, slouching my shoulders.

"Oh. Well, uh, you just gotta give him some space then. Give him a few days, then try to talk to him. The kid adores you, I know it." he says, swallowing after. "It would be stupid of him to throw a friendship like yours, away." Niall continues and the others agree.

"I think he has a crush on you." Melanie says after a moment of silence. I scoff, looking at her.

"Why do you think that?"

"He is always with you, and he always says how nice you are and how glad he is that you're his friend, behind your back. When you talk to him, or hold his hand, he is always smiling so big and wide, like he had just won the lottery." Melanie says.

"Well it is basically the same thing, winning lottery and being friends with Harry." Tate shrugs. "You're probably the sweetest guy I've ever known, and I'm not saying this because I have a crush on your or anything." he laughs. "It's just the truth. You always put other people's feelings before your own." he continues.

I blush at my friends comments, and mutter a thank you.

Three days pass slowly, and not being able to see Louis is driving me mad. I walk over to Louis house after school, preparing myself mentally before I knock on his door. I hear someone walking to the door, but it wasn't Louis, much to my disappointment.

"Hey, is Louis home?" I ask Lottie and she nods, stepping aside so I can come in.

"He hasn't really spoke to anyone, and I'm really worried about him." she says. "I hope you can cheer him up." she says, giving me sad eyes.

"I will try to talk to him." I answer, and walk to upstairs. I open the door to Louis' room, only to find Louis laying on his bed, on his side, eyes slightly closed.

I close to door behind me, and sit next to him on his bed.

"Hey Louis." I say softly, but I don't get an answer. He just stares into nothing, laying completely still.

"I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but I couldn't stand not seeing you. I miss you Louis." I say, taking his hand. "It's pretty scary seeing you like this, love. I know I fucked up, and I'm really sorry about that. I didn't meant to, and I will never do that again. I just need to know one thing." I pause for a moment. "Do you want us to stop being friends? If that is what you want, just say it. Just- I don't know. Squeeze my hand if you still want to be friends." I say, blinking back my tears.

I feel a light squeeze on my hand, and I let out a long breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I turn to look at Louis, and he has a soft smile on his lips. Slowly, he gets up to sit besides me.

"I'm sorry too." he whispers, our fingers laced together. "I'm sorry I didn't come to school." he says, hanging his head.

"Do you want to talk to me? You can always tell me anything you want. I know there is something bothering you." I say and he sighs.

"I wish I could tell you, but I can't. But I'm fine now. I just needed some time to think about.. things." he answers. I brush my thumb over his pointer finger, and he does the same.

"Okay. You're going to get through it, whatever it is. You got me." I answer.

"I know."

this was kinda sad but also cute

vote & comment