XXXII

Louis' POV

I woke up the next day, feeling a lot happier than usual. I got up from my bed, yawning and rubbing my eyes. I walked to the bathroom, took a wee and washed my face with cold water. I tried to find my toothbrush, and after I while I found it, and I brushed my teeth.

I walked back to my room, trying to find clothes for myself. I brushed my fingers across the soft materials of my shirts and sweaters, and I recognized one of the shirts. I took the shirt out of my closet, I can remember it is white and it has something on the front, but I just can't remember what the picture was. I also took some jeans for me, and pulled socks to my feet. I patted around my bed, trying to find my phone from between the covers. I took my phone and my backpack with me, and walked to downstairs carefully.

"Morning." I said to mom, as I heard her making breakfast in the kitchen. "Morning darling." she said, and I sat on the kitchen chair. I waited patiently as my mom made me breakfast, and thanked after she served me some scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Morning Lou." Lottie chirped as she also came to downstairs. I heard her pulling a chair and she sat next to me. "What's the time?" I asked, scooping up some eggs to my spoon. Yes, spoon, I use spoons a lot with my food because it's hard to eat with a fork when you can't see, a lot harder than you think. Spoons are much easier.

"Seven thirty." Lottie answered. "We should leave soon, we still have to pick up Harry." I said, finishing up my food. I told them to hurry up while I placed my dishes to the sink, and walked back to my room. I put on some deodorant and cologne so I wouldn't smell bad, and combed my hair. After I thought I looked fine I went back to downstairs, to find Lottie.

"Do I look okay?" I asked, turning around in front of her. It's frustrating to do this every morning, but I can't help it. I can't see for myself, so I literally have to depend on people, and hope they are telling me the truth. It's really a shame that I can't see myself in a mirror. I'm starting to forget how I look, and what color my eyes were. I'm starting to forget a lot of things, and it's scaring me, because I don't want to forget.

I shake the depressing thoughts out of my head, as I hear my mom call my name. "Let's go!" she says, and I take my phone and backpack, slip on my shoes, and walk to the car with them. I sit on the backseat, and buckle up as we start driving to Harry's.

"Hi Lou." I hear Harry say as he climbs to the backseat next to me. "Hey Harry." I answer, and after he had put the seat belt on I feel his hand lay on top of mine. A small smile spreads to my lips, as he brushes his thumb across my fingers softly.

"What class do you have first?" Harry asks. "Math." I answer, and he tells me that he has the same class. We sit in comfortable silence the whole ride, and my mom says 'have a great day' to both of us as we pull up to the school's parking lot. 

I wave at my mom and sister, and then I hear them driving away. Harry takes my hand, and together we walk to the school. To say that I am nervous, would be an understatement. I'm terrified, what if people start to bully me and Harry? Not everyone accept gays, especially teenagers. Sometimes teenagers can be like, brutally mean and ruthful.

"Hey Louis, and Harry!" I hear Niall's voice echoing in the hallway. He walks up to us, and I smile at his direction. 

"Hey Niall." Harry answers.

"Are you- oh my god, are you two like a thing now?" Niall squeals like a school girl after seeing our linked hands.

"Yep, I asked Louis to be my boyfriend and he said yes." Harry says with a proud voice, and I blush.

"That's so cute! I knew you two were gonna end up together!" Niall says just as the bell rings.

"Okay Niall, we gotta go now. See you at lunch." Harry says and starts dragging me away from him. "Bye lovebirds!" Niall sing songs from behind us.

All of Harry's friends cooed when Niall told them about us at lunch. I was a blushing mess, and tried to hide my rosy cheeks behind my hands.

"Don't be embarrassed! We are really happy for you two." I hear Adore say and I smile at her direction.

"So um, what do yall say if we hung out after school?" Niall asked, his voice a little muffled. He probably had mouth full of food.

"Sure, why not?" I said, and they all agreed on hanging out. After the lunch we had three more classes, and at 3 PM we finally got out.

"So where are we gonna go?" I asked as we walked down the steps to outside, Harry's hand squeezing mine.

"Let's go get some pizza, I'm hungry." Niall said and I chuckled. "Of course you are." Harry laughed. I fished my phone out of my pocket, calling my mom.

"Hey Lou." my mom's voice carried through the speaker.

"Hey mu, umh, you don't need to pick me up today, I'm gonna hang out with my friends." I said with a small smile on my lips.

"Oh, well that's good to know. Have fun darling." she said and I said bye to her before I ended the call. We walked down the street, talking, and I clutched Harry's hand tightly in mine.

"I love you." I heard Harry whisper to my ear, hit hot breath tickling my earlobe. "I love you too." I said with a shy smile. We walked to the closest pizza place, and I could smell the delicious aroma when we stepped inside.

"What do you want to eat?" Harry asked as we stood in line. "Pepperoni pizza. We can share it, if you want." I shrugged and he agreed. Harry ordered our pizza, and paid for it too, ignoring my protests.

We sat in around the biggest table, Harry on my right side and Adore on my left. Harry's hand was holding mine on top of the table, his thumb brushing over my knuckles.

"So Louis." Niall abruptly said, and I turned my head to his direction. "Yes?" I asked.

"Tell me something about yourself. I hardly even know you, mate." he said and I chuckled. 

"Well uh, I love music, for example. I like sleeping, camping and hanging out with people. My favorite color is- I mean, was, yellow." I said. "And I quite like this curly haired fella." I said, pinching Harry's cheek with a small smile, and they cooed. 

"But why did you say was? Yellow can be your favorite color still, even though you can't see it." Niall said and I sighed.

"But I'm not sure what yellow looks like anymore, I'm starting to forget the colors. So I can't know if my mind has changed." I answered sadly.

"Oh. I understand." Niall said with an apologetical voice, and before anyone could say add anything, waiter brought our food to the table. Well me and Harry's, Niall's and Adore's pizzas were only ready. The others had to still wait.

We sat on the pizza place, talking, laughing and munching on our food, and I felt happy and safe with them. I could't help but think, that if I hadn't bumped on Harry on that day, I wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't have these amazing friends. I'm really glad I bumped on Harry that day.

just a filler chapter

vote & comment for a free cookie?