Woah

"Well..."

"Come on baby girl what happened?"

"We were in the games and had to watch you be beatin and behead. It was terrible Cato! You were screaming and yelling in pain and there was nothing I could do. Then the setting changed to my old house. My dad came out and was as drunk as ever. He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up stairs,"

While she's talking I look at everyone's face. They are all in shock. The girls are in tears, Marvel has his mouth wide open in utter shock, and Thresh looks pissed.

"he threw me onto the bed and b-beat m-me... after he was done h-h-he r-r-raped m-me...." Clove said the last part in a barely audible whisper.

Everyone looks at her and then at me. Marvel, Thresh, and Glimmer all mouth to me

'You are telling us later!'

I nod in response and Clove just breaks down. I pull her into my lap and let her cry into my chest. She is shivering and I don't know if its from fear or if she's cold. I stroke her hair and try to calm her down.

"Shh shh baby girl its ok I'm here shh."

After about 25 minutes she's asleep on my lap holding my shirt tight. Marvel, Glimmer, Thresh, Rue, Amber, and Foxface all look at me waiting to explain.

I tell them all about Cloves past and how her dad used to beat and rape her. Thresh even started crying! Everyone felt horrible. I told them that Clove was happy to be away from her dad. They just nodded in response.

"That poor girl..." Glimmer said staring at Clove.

"She's strong it took about 3-4 hours for clove to die when I hit her with the rock..." Thresh said stroking her hair.

"Yeah and I'm so glad I got to kill you!"

"Whatever pretty boy!" Thresh said and took Clove from me.

"Where the hell are you taking her?!" I yell walking over to him.

"I'm putting her in her room man, she needs to sleep."

"She sleeps in my arms Thresh! I've never let her leave my side in 2, I didn't leave her side in the games, I'm not leaving her side now!"

"Ok ok I'm sorry man I didn't know!" Thresh says handing her to me.

She starts to whimper and tears are going down her face. I sit down and hold her in my chest. I stroke her hair and kiss her head.

"We'll leave you guys alone for a few days ok? She's gonna need space and if you need us or she wants one of us call us ok?" Glimmer says walking out with everyone following behind.

"Are they gone Cato...?" I hear Clove whisper in my chest.

"Yes baby girl their gone. Are you ok?"