The Fifth Chapter

Yoongi POV:

"Yoongi, is that you?" My mom called as I closed the front door behind me. I took off my shoes and placed them by the door, before I hung my jacket on the coat rack. When I turned around, my mom stood leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed on her chest. "It's way past your curfew,"

"Eomma, I'm 19. I don't need a curfew," I complained, trying to walk past her only to be stopped by her placing a hand on my chest. I looked up at her.

She looked at me with annoyed in her eyes. "As long as you live under this roof, you live by my rules,"

"Why can't you just let me be fucking adult for once?" I asked, pushing her hand off of my chest.

"No, Yoongi, I can't. Not until you prove to me that you are an adult," My mom retorted. I looked up at her. She was already looking at me, her eyes filled with disappointment. I was about to speak, but she was faster. "You haven't proved to me that you can take any kind of responsibility. You come home late, you act careless, you never smile anymore," She added. "Those people you call friends are bad influence on you. You used to be such a good kid,"

"What do you mean used to be?" I asked, feeling myself get angrier and angrier.

My mom sighed. "You're grades are dropping, you're swearing, you're constantly fighting your classmates. You drink and smoke too. I'm worried about you. Dad would be too,"

"Shut up," I whispered, my hand curling into a fist.

"Don't you wanna make your dad proud?" She asked. "Don't you want him smiling dow-"

I grabbed her wrist roughly. "I said shut up,"

"Is that a way to talk to your mom?"  She asked. She was making my blood boil. I couldn't control my anger and she knew. She knew what she was doing, well aware of the consequences. "Dad wouldn't ha-"

"But dad isn't here! He left you, mom. Hes happy now, away from you. Maybe I should try it too," It was the last thing I yelled before I slipped my shoes back on and left the apartment.

I didn't know it would be the last thing I ever said to her.

It had only been a second since I left when I beard her scream. I opened the door to see my mother doing around on the floor. Burning.

"Help! Someone help!" I yelled, but it was too late. She was already gone. I fell to my knees and cried. I cried and cried until suddenly, I felt panic take over.

Did I do this?

I got up and ran, the image of my mother's burning body  clear on my mind all the way toy destination.

Third person pov

Jungkook was still stood next to the door, staring at the spot where the older boy walked away. The bedroom was a mess, chalk smudged over the floor and drops of blood soaking and mixing in. Yoongi's nose was bruising now, blotches of purple and blue blooming across his nose bridge and under eyes, the colors mixing with half dried blood.

"Well, that certainly was dramatic." Bang chuckled, "Jimin, can you please take Yoongi to the kitchen and clean him up?" Jimin nodded, grabbed Yoongi's wrist, and led the way into the kitchen.

Jimin took out the first aid kit and told Yoongi to sit down. He turned around to find the things he needed in the box.

"You're not old enough to command with me," Yoongi muttered. Dried blood ran from his nise and down into the corners of his mouth.