The Seventh Chapter

Jungkook pov

We couldn't find him, after Jin passed out we returned to the house, Bang telling us not to leave again unless we had to. He said there were people, opposing forces that wanted us dead. The house was on lockdown, no one could leave or enter. Jimin and I were still tense around one another, him spending most of his time with the others, only talking to me when it was mealtimes or he needed something.

The house was empty without Tae, the dining table seemed bigger without the extra body, the living room was more spacious. Nobody used the chair he always used, it was like they wanted to distane themselves from anything and everything Taehyung. It was quieter too, the absence of occasional yelling, stomping, and slamming doors making the fact that he was gone because of me hurt more than it should have. The rest of the weren't at all phased by Tae being gone, they seemed to revel in it, more than they did the first day. Meals were full of jokes and impressions of him from Jimin and Yoongi, not everyone joining but no one stopping it in fear of making Yoongi angry after seeing what he was capable of without using his powers.

Jin was the only one who noticed the effect this all had on me, his excuse being that he was the oldest and could tell when the others were upset about one thing or another. Although, as much as he said nothing was my fault, I couldn't help but blame myself for Tae. I wished I hadn't let myself get attached, wished that I could find it in me to hate him as much as some of the others did instead of feeling like a part of e was missing whenever I saw an empty seat or the earbuds he always had laying on the ground.

I missed him. I missed the conversations we'd have, even if they weren't verbal. I missed walking into the living room and seeing him lightly snoring in that chair after dozing off without realizing it. I didn't realize how much I cared about him until he was gone, with a high possibility of being hurt or dead, the fact that it was because of me making it even worse.

He'd been gone for about four days when Jin brought walked into my room with pillows, blankets, snacks, and his computer.

"Hyung, what are you doing? How did you get this food?" He smiled and threw a bag of chips at my stomach.

"We're having a movie night to cheer your depressed ass up, and I'm not taking no for an answer. And don't worry about the food, I had Namjoon zip out and get it." He said as he opened his laptop, "now, what do you want to watch. I'm still mooching off my mom's Netflix account. Oh, and Hulu. And Dramafever. What's your pick?" I smiled, for the first time since Tae left and joined him on the ground.

"Netflix. I don't want to hurt even more by starting a drama." He laughed, and breathed out "Too real, dude" while logging into the site.

We ended up falling asleep halfway through the second movie, someone screaming waking Jin up and a pillow being thrown at my head waking me up. Jimin stood in front of me, arms crossed, looking down at me.

"Your crush is back. He's in the living room." He said, sitting on his bed and pulling out his phone.

"I don't have a crush- oh. Um, thank you. I appreciate you telling me." I knew I was blushing, I could feel the tips of my ears heating up. I stood, the blanket wrapping itself around y legs and tripping me, darkening the blush and  making Jimin laugh.

"You're a mess kid. Stop moving, you're making it worse." He giggled as he untangled my legs and helped me stand. He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. "Hey, um, I'm sorry I've been such a dick, I didn't realize how much it hurt you. So, friends?"

"Yeah, friends." He smiled again and pulled me into a hug, leaning up to my ear.

"Now, go talk to him. I may not be the biggest fan of him, but I'll be willing to help you get dicked into next Thursday."

INHUMANE | TAEKOOKजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें