The Sixth Chapter

Tae pov

I knew I was starving. I could feel it, my body getting weaker, my ribs and cheekbones were becoming more prominent. It had been about five days since I ran away. I needed to eat, or else I'd end up dead in the middle of the road. I wasn't sure where i was going, just walking. Cars would pass every now and again, some of them slowed down but sped up when they saw the look on my face and blood on my knuckles.

Another car pulled up, a pickup with a couple in it. The woman smiled at me as she rolled her window down. The man looked me over before leaning over her.

"Where you headed to, kid?" He gave me another once over, taking in the dirt caked clothes and hair, probably looking to see if i was hiding a weapon.

"I'm going to the nearest town. I need food, and a place to stay." The woman smiled again, and whispered something to the man.

"Hop into the bed then! I'm Eunha and this is Jiwoo, we'll give you a ride into town." Eunha said.

I thanked them both and did as told. I shoved one of the many strawbags under my legs and pulled my hoodie over my head, then my T-shirt and put my hoodie back on. To prevent infections in my wounds, I ripped my T-shirt to make bandaids and wrapped them around my knees and hands, watching the blood soak through the white fabric. I sighed, leaning against the car.

I had no idea how far away I was from Bangs house or how far away the town was. I hadn't had many breaks over the past days which turned out to have been a bad idea. I was exhausted.

Running away had also been a bad idea, but it had seemed like the only right thing to do in the moment I heard Jungkooks thoughts

'I was wrong about him, wasn't I'

I felt the sting in my chest. The way Jungkook had held my wrist. So tight, like I he didn't want it to be real. Like he didn't want the impression he had of me to be fake. Would he have reacted different if he knew Yoongi started it?

I shook my head and looked up at the starlit sky. A lot had changed in the past month, but the one thing that seemed to repeat, was the humiliation.

I signed and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

--

"Wake up, kid," Eunha's faint voice spoke. My eyes fluttered open, meeting a pair of dark brown eyes, lined with a rim of black eyeliner. "We're here,"

I nodded. "Thank you," I smiled, slowly getting up. I bit down on my lip in pain as I bended my knee, but continued to moe. Jiwoo placed a hand on my chest, making me look up.

"Let's get you to a hospital. You won't last long if you don't get those wounds looked at," He spoke, pushing me down sotfly. I looked at my legs and shook my head.

"It's fine. I'll get myself a fist aid kit and get it cleaned up," I said. "You've already done so much for me,"

"Are you sure you can take care of yourself?" Jiwoo asked. I nodded, smiling at him. He looked down at Eunha, expecting some kind of protest, but she just shrug her shoulders. He sighed and nodded himself. "Okay. Here's 10,000 won. Use them wisely and take care,"

With a bit of help, I got out of the car without falling. The couple got back into the car and started the engine. I limped up to the window and thanked them one last time, before watching them drive away.

I looked at the bloody pieces on fabric around my knuckles, and sighed deeply. Why had I been so stupid and ran away? I had no idea what time it was or where I was. Pushing the thoughts away, I began limping down the sidewalk, supporting myself with the buildings beside me. I saw a sign that said 'Mr. Choi's convenience store' in blue neon lights across the street. I felt a rush of relief run through my body as I passed the road.