Fall Festival Pt. 01

a/n: is anyone there??

i suggest you read the last chapter if it's been a while for you ;) hell, i had to read it to remember

go nuts, kids

-------------

Some weird hippie music has been playing in Logan's car for the better half of lunch period, and we've barely said anything to each other. Not in the uncomfortable way; I just don't have anything to say. In a short time, Shelby and I have become pretty close, yet I still don't know how he really feels about me. I don't even think Shelby knows how he feels about me.

I asked Logan if he was upset. He said no.

"Have you talked to Conner?" he asks out of nowhere. I shake my head 'no'. "I do hope he's alright."

I sigh. "His home situation is shit. I don't know what to do about it." Logan turns to me, and I know what he's going to say. "I know. Not my responsibility."

It's quiet for another five minutes, but I can't just sit here and stew in it. The whole reason we weren't together a while ago is because of some shitty communication issues. "I can't be sure Shelby likes me as more than a friend," I comment quietly. Logan just nods. "I think he's in a shitty relationship and he just needed a new friend with different qualities than his already crappy friends."

"I'm not jealous. Not today anyway," Logan says.

I scoff. "I didn't say you were. Were you jealous yesterday?" I ask. Logan shrugs. "Why?"

He takes a bite of his sandwich and shrugs again. "He was there when all the shit was going about. I didn't get to know him—it's stupid, really. I just get to thinking about all the people that adore you and how awesome they probably are. But I won't do that anymore." I just scoff to that. I wish people adored me as much as they pretended to. They adore straight A's Brandon, straight athlete Brandon—straight Brandon.

"I think we both need to stop worrying about each other's pasts," I respond, eating the last of my sandwich.

"Exactly," Logan says, eating the last of his bag of chips. "So... are we going to tell people about us?" With that, he turns his car off. I shrug. "If they ask, I mean."

"I... yeah. We should. It's not like people don't know anyway." Logan gives me a funny look. "It's gonna take some getting used to. I'm not ready to explain myself every single time." Logan leans over to kiss my cheek.

"Luckily, you've got someone to help you. Now let's go. I can't ditch any more classes."

**********

Mom: I won't be in the house today after school. Dr's appt and your dad is going with me. Then we're going out of town. order a pizza?

Brandon: Chinese food?

Mom: Sure. Money in the tin next to the flour. Love you.

Mom: make sure to tell Logan and Shelby they can come over ANYTIME!!

"Why did she say 'anytime' in all capitals?" Aiden asks. I shove her away. "You read my texts all the time."

"I didn't mean to make her feel so bad about what she said. I just didn't know she'd be so outright homophobic," I comment. "I guess it's my fault for not telling her about me and Logan anyway."

Aiden shakes her head. "Nah. Aunt Julie has never asked you if you weren't straight. She just assumed you were. For good reason, but still." I don't know how to feel. I don't even know anything about the LGBT community. I don't know if I even fit in it. "Don't stress. She'll ask one day."