A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (Part 1)

"Please tell me what happened back there," Aiden sighs. She rests her feet on the dash again, Jesus sandals and all. This is a pet peeve I never knew I had. My hand flinches with the temptation to whack her ankle.

"Michael is gay and Mitch doesn't like it," I reply a little too forcefully. "Please, feet off." I start the clanking engine as she lowers her legs.

"Alrighty, Commander," she says under her breath.

The two minute ride is silent. Aiden thinks I'm angry with her, when in truth I'm not angry at all. "Well it explains a lot," she says softly. I give her a puzzled look while I park in front of my house. "Michael being a homo. He always picked with you. Hitting you, touching you... all that good stuff." I shrug. If Michael did have some crush on obese-me, he took care of it today. I can't get over the fact that he and Conner were together. It doesn't sit right at all. "So what are parties like with all the cool kids?" Aiden snaps me out of my trance.

"Not that bad, actually. Unless you do something retarded and then a rumor spreads about you." I open the door for her. "Not that I ever have, of course." Is that a red car parked in front of my...

"Of course," Aiden chuckles. As soon as I step into the living room, I pinch myself. Logan and my dad are playing yet another game of chess.

"You know, I can't keep coming to your house when you're not here," Logan laughs. "Pretty soon I'll be better friends with your mum and dad than with you." He's trying to keep his composure. Something is off about his humor, his smile.

"I thought I'd be here at least thirty minutes ago. I'm so sorry," I frown. "Oh, Aiden. This is Logan. Logan, meet cousin Aiden." Logan's face is in that 'I'm trying to be nice and understanding, but what the hell' smile. Aiden's is the same. "To my room?" I ask carefully.

"Um..." Logan glances at my dad.

"Go on ahead," my dad nods. Logan, Aiden, and I hurry upstairs. Aiden and Logan immediately separate without any verbal communication. Seriously? They barely just met. Unless Aiden still has that hatred against Europeans--

"Who are you?" she asks bluntly.

"I'm Logan Price. From northern England. What are you?" he raises his eyebrow and crosses his arms. As much as Sassy Logan is cute, he can also be quite... nasty, if given the chance. I've only seen it once.

"Aiden Cantos. From southern California."

"And I'm Brandon Owens from right here in Tennessee. This conversation is over," I interrupt. Logan sits on the bed, and I sit beside him, a little closer than I probably should. Aiden sits on my other side, further away.

"Cockblock," Logan whispers. I laugh way too hard at his comment.

"Be nice," I whisper. Logan sighs loud and lays back, rubbing his eyes. I have the urge to lay on top of him. "There's a party tonight," I inform him. He shrugs. "I take it you don't want to go."

"My dad's 60th birthday. I can't," Logan groans. What a grouch.

"Who stays home for their parent's birthday?" Aiden snorts. She flicks on my TV to ion television.

"Respectful human beings?" Logan mutters. "Could we not watch that criminal shit?" I wince at the curse word. Someone really is grumpy today. I don't recall Logan cussing out of habit. Then again, I've known him barely longer than a few weeks. I hope it's not a normal occurrence.

My hand is on his leg before I notice. I play it off by keeping it there. "Okay... what do you want to watch?" I ask.

"Nothing," he sighs. Aiden throws her hands in the air and walks out of the room. Geez, everyone is tense. I definitely can't tell Logan about what I did with Michael now. "I don't like her."