It's Mr. Steal Your Girl

Christina is a wild hummingbird.

        I mean this in the most poetic way possible.

        After I went on and on about "Connie" on Friday,  she told me about all of her exes and how she just learned to be a mischievous bitch at her old school. Since she moved, she figured she'd have a fresh start, but with Mitchell on her tail, her itch to sabotage is back.

        We came up with a little plan. Chris is going to get on Mitch's good side, flirt a bit. Then when he asks her to F&F (which he definitely will), she'll drop the bomb on him. She's quirky and naive, but she's real at least. I've had my share of fake girls (and fake guys).

        "Why aren't you and Mitchell friends anymore?" she asks at lunch on Monday.  I knew she'd ask but I don't want to answer.

        "Because he's retarded," I reply. Chris smacks my arm hard. "Um, ow?"

        "Don't say retarded. It's rude."

        "Okay, he's psychologically impaired. But I really don't know why."

        "Why does he call you Gay Boy?" she asks softly.

        "Because. I don't know. He needed something to call me. Are you gonna finish that?" I gesture toward her mac and cheese. She shakes her head. "He just became a real jerk in middle school." I fork down the food and dump my plate.

        "That was still funny what you did. You have no boundaries, huh?" she giggles.

        "Did what I had to," I shrug. I catch Conner's stare before I leave the room. He's trying to get to me already. I shake my head.

        Chris starts our plan right off the bat. She goes to hang out with the same group as Mitchell. Meanwhile, I sit by myself on the lockers. I'm used to it. Before Conner, I sat by myself almost every day. My best friend James moved last year, and we weren't even as close as we could've been.

        I'm reading until Matt Evans joins me. I'm appalled. He's the principal's son. His best friend? Marshall Borderly.

        Matt is so significantly nicer than both Mitchell and Marshall, but he'd get hell from them if they saw him hanging with me.

        Matt's not the best football player, but he's got a lot of heart. If I quit, he's taking my spot for sure.

        "Hey. You're friends with Freshman, right?" he asks. At the mention of Conner's nickname, I tense up.

        "Nah. Not really. He's a douche," I reply calmly. I'm blushing, I can tell. 

        "Really? Well that's all I need to know, then. He seems like a cool kid, but I guess you'd know him best," Matt shrugs.

        "Yea... why?" I ask. Conner isn't usually a topic of anyone's conversation.

        "Eh, my sister wants to date him. I needed to check up on him, you know?" he explains. I nod. Conner would. Conner freaking would. I wonder what he's up to. "Wanna know something funny?"

        "What?"

        "Mitchell cried in the bathroom after you... you know," Matt laughs. I look into his purple-ish eyes to see if he's lying.

        "No way," I scoff. "What a big baby. He needs to grow a pair." Maybe that's why we stopped being friends: because Mitch is so homophobic. I watch him shamelessly flirt with Christina. It kinda pisses me off. I am aware that she's acting but still.