Reverting Back

I just stand like a statue, mouth slightly ajar.

What's worse is they don't notice that I come in the room for at least five seconds. That's enough time to hear Conner's moan as Tyler kisses his neck. I may be sick. This is the same Conner that cried because I 'didn't like him back'. The same one that threw a fit yesterday because I wouldn't kiss him and instead helped him on his 'goddamn math'.

"Is-is my..." I begin after they finally see me."You know what? Forget it." I scoff.

"No. Your wallet right?" Conner says shakily.

"Awkward..." Tyler hums. I could snap his neck right now. Why on earth does he think this is a funny situation? I should show him how awkward it'll be if I detach his arms and screw him with his own limbs. I didn't even know Tyler rolled that way.

"Tyler," Conner warns. He hops off Tyler's lap to fetch my wallet from the lamp stand. Tyler snickers. "Cut it out, Tyler," Conner sighs. He hands me the wallet but keeps his distance, placing it in my hand with only his fingertips. His aqua eyes are wide and scared. I don't even want to hurt Conner. Just why? I finally succumbed to my feelings about him and guys in general and he does this? No, we're not dating, but come on.

"This is getting really uncomfortable," Tyler sighs.

"You know, I didn't have a problem with you until now, so cling to my good side as long as you can," I spit.

"Tyler...could I talk to Brandon alone please?" Conner says. Tyler smirks and pushes past me. In no time, I hear the front door close. "I can explain."

"I'm sure you can. Doesn't mean it'll be a good explanation." It's taking all I've got not to explode on Conner right now.

"Just... hear me out. It just happened, really. I kinda expressed that-- well I had a thing for him, no-- and you too like, he was--"

"Why don't you be real with me," I demand. I storm over to his bed and lift the blue paper. "What is this?" Conner's face drops. He stares at me for a second before he begins to chuckle.

"So you snooped through my room huh?"

"Answer my question straight."

"I can't to anything straight." I lose it. Before I can think, I'm grabbing Conner by the shirt and dragging him to the bed. He sits down with a wry look on his face. He no longer looks an ounce of innocent.

"Is that the number of guys you've had sex with?" I ask arudously. He opens his mouth but I interrupt. "Yes or no."

"I can't believe this--" I snatch him up by the shoulders and pull him up so he sees my eyes. "Mmm, Brandon. If you were this rough with me yesterday, I wouldn't have planned to sleep with Tyler," he purrs. I can't fathom what I'm hearing.

"I won't hurt you, or I think I won't. Don't test me," I growl. That gets his attention.

"...Yes." I literally drop him and he falls back on the bed. Shaking my head is all I can do right now. Conner, 5'8" Conner, has slept with over twenty guys. I haven't even slept with twenty girls. "And what would you say if I slept with twenty-five girls?"

"I'd still call you a whore." He's got some nerve. "Freaking why, Conner? I-I finally, finally did something about what I've felt for five years and it all goes to shit. It means nothing. You probably don't even care, do you?"

"Shit happens, and you get over it. I didn't know you were a fag until two days ago. So don't put words in my mouth," he seethes. My cue to leave, before I really cause some damage.