Chapter 2

A/N - Just a little insight

Harry’s POV (Layla’s Father’s Beta)

“You’re shipping her off to Boarding School!” I shouted as I walked into Greg’s office, I had just seen Layla almost in tears heading to her room to pack a bag and leave. “Harry you don’t understand” he said tiredly.

“Then explain it to me!” I shouted, “The rouge attacks are getting worse and closer and I don’t want her in danger” he said while sitting down behind his desk and looking through some papers, “Bull, the rouge attacks haven’t changed…” I growled out, “I don’t want her to meet the same fate as her mother” he snarled.

Then it all clicked together in my head “It’s not even that, it’s that she reminds you of Sarah” I said, as I said Sarah’s name he looked up to me rage and pain burning in his eyes. “Don’t say her name” he growled. “Greg, I know this is a difficult time but honestly, don’t make this decision you’re not thinking straight, please just wait a few days…” I almost begged him “No, it is done, I have to send her away…for her own good” he cut me off.

“You really think this is what’s best, she’ll never have the time or security to be able to shift, she’ll have no support from pack members and family, Greg please consider what you are going to put her through, do you really think this is what Sarah would have wanted?,” he looked at me again rage filling his eyes but I continued quickly “Wouldn’t she have wanted you to support your daughter and take care of her while she is grieving?” he growled low and loudly at me. “Don’t tell me what is best for my daughter” he snarled and stood quickly making the chair he was sitting on fall to the floor.

He looked toward his clock, grabbing a few things and slipping them into an envelope and called for Layla loudly. I followed behind him and waited for Layla in the living room, as she reached the bottom of the stairs I pulled her into my arms.

“Good Luck Kiddo” I whispered, she was the closest thing I had to a daughter since I only had boys, I realised her and let her go to her father, he gave her only a quick hug and then said to her looking into her eyes “It’s for your own good”. She was then handed off to her brother and his mate who looked about ready to burst any day now.

The beep of the taxi waiting outside broke them apart and I glared at Greg, he wasn’t even taking his own daughter to boarding school. She made her way outside and slid into the taxi, the low sound of rumbling thunder made me look to the sky, just as her door closed the first of the rain began to fall. Within a few seconds the rain was pouring down as I waved goodbye to Layla as she drove away to her new life.

A/N

Hope you guys like it, I know it’s a little depressing and all but I thought it would make a good story line later on, so let me know what you think and keep reading.

Xx SophieBoffie