Chapter 13

Layla’s POV

I watched as his eyes filled with hope then anger as he read the letter in his hand, his hands began to shake and he quickly jumped up and started pacing in front of me. “Why can’t she come and see me? How is she even staying hidden? Why…just why?” he said as he sunk down back into the seat his head in his hands.

My wolf howled out in sadness for him wanting for him to know that we were here, but the ring silenced the connection. “Alpha Hunter I know this is difficult for you to understand and believe me it is testing her as well but she needs time and believe me when she makes a promise she will keep it just give her to the end of the week” he looked up at me slight hope filling his eyes.

“What’s she like?” he asked weakly, sounding like a desperate child. I contemplated on what to tell him about myself so I wouldn’t give myself away. “Well…she is a little quiet until you get to know her and then she is loud and fun loving, she is seventeen and has had a pretty rough childhood, but I’m sure she’ll tell you more about that…and she really wants to be with you but just wants to make sure that it’s the right decision…” I trailed off slowly and he looked to the ground thoughtfully.

“Of course it’s the right decision =” he mumbled under his breath, I sighed and laughed a little as he leaned back into the chair, starting to swing it lightly with his feet. “So Alpha –“ I was cut off by him turning slightly

“Hunter just call me Hunter” I nodded lightly and continued to talk as the stars started coming out and fireflies buzzed around.

“So Hunter, tell me about yourself” he nodded and seemed to relax into the chair a little as he began to talk.

“Well, I’m 25 years old, I’m Alpha of the Ignis Pack and yeah that’s about it” I laughed lightly which he quickly looked at me slightly angry for.

“Very descriptive I see, come on I need more than that, like maybe favourites or how about 20 questions? I know almost everything about her so I am sure I can answer a few things” he contemplated a few seconds before quickly agreeing.

We spent the night like that under the willow tree discussing everything about ourselves until my father’s voice rang out through my head “LAYLA!, where are you? The Elders are about to speak” Immediately I stood and started walking.

“Where are you going?” Hunter called, “The elders are about to speak” I yelled over my shoulder and soon he joined me as we sped walked back toward the ballroom, as we neared I found a flower and picked it before rubbing it on my neck a little.

“What are you doing? Bloody Terra wolves always getting close to nature” he laughed, I growled out at him lightly.

“No I’m disguising your scent, idiot, unless you don’t want to know more about your mate because if my father finds out we were talking we are both in deep shit” I said as I flung the flower back into the garden. He laughed loudly at my comment and fell back into step beside me.

“God I hope my mate doesn’t the same amount of spunk you do or ill be in for some work” my wolf whimpered lightly in my head.

“What the hell did you just say spunk?!” I laughed at him “ and sorry Hunter but unfortunately I learnt it from her” he grinned widely at me as we stepped back inside the ballroom, luckily the talk hadn’t started yet as I made my way back over to my father and slipped in beside him grabbing a champagne from a waiter.

“Don’t even think about it missy, Where have you been anyway?” I pouted as he took the glass out of my hand and kept the face on as he looked sternly at me.