Chapter 3

Layla’s POV

The drive toward the boarding school was covered by a constant rain, when we finally pulled into the school the rain was still bucketing down. The driver pulled under an under croft area and got out retrieving my bag for me and carried it to the door.

I slid out of the taxi and made my way up the marble stairs to the huge double doors engraved with gold, I pushed them open to be met by the clean marble floors and white walls covered in detailed paintings, which was to be my home for the next 6 years.

 ***6 Years Later***

“WAKE UP BIRTHDAY GIRL!” people screamed around me I groaned loudly and rolled over in bed burying my head in the pillow. “Shhhhhhh I'm asleep” I whimpered as I held the pillow over my ears, soon I was smothered by bodies jumping on top of me.

I groaned and pushed them off me before sitting up, I looked around at my insane friends, “Your Seventeen! You know you’re legal in some states! Hahahaha!” I groaned even louder and looked around knowing that Noah would most likely be there.  

“Shut up Lilly” I said throwing a pillow directly at her face, they took their spots sitting on my bed only Lilly holding a present. She handed it to me lightly as she jumped around on the bed with excitement, “Open it Open it Open it!” she yelled, I grinned at her and tore through the wrapping paper. Revealing a small black box, opening the lid there lay a small piece of white paper; I picked it up and looked behind it to see a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings.

“There gorgeous Lilly, Thank you” I said pulling her into a hug, “read the note, read it!” she said again bouncing up and down, I looked at the note and before I was even through the first sentence, “It’s a Treasure Hunt!” she screamed. I rolled my eyes but smiled at her and stood up reading through the instructions.

The rest of the day was spent running around finding presents and more clues, accompanied by multiple confused stares from people as we ran through the school in our pyjamas. After I had found all my presents we went back to our dorm to inspect them.

We settled down after a while and someone turned on a movie as I relaxed and lay down with my head resting in Noah’s lap he gently played with my hair until Lilly came down with my phone in hand. “Lay… it’s your dad” she said holding my phone out toward me. I shook my head lightly and she informed him I wasn’t here.

I hadn’t spoken to my dad for the entire time I had been at this school, she threw me my phone it soon started buzzing again revealing a picture of my brother on the screen, I quickly grabbed the phone and answered it. “Hey there Hayden” I screamed into the phone, “Layla” my dad’s voice soon registered in my mind, “Before you hang up, I need to tell you something” I groaned a little and growled into the receiver to let him know I was pissed he had tricked me.

“It’s time to come home” I stopped suddenly and started breathing heavily, panic rose through my body tainting my blood while I started to hyperventilate. “Layla…Lay…LAYLA” people where calling out for me but they sounded faint, as if they weren’t really there.

 I felt the phone leave my hand and I felt myself being lifted and moved around but I was not conscious of anything. I was slipping in and out of memories of home, my brother and I playing in fields, my mother and father smiling down at me, and then the rogues attacking my mother and I. As we tried to flee the loud crunching of paws caught up to us quickly and I watched as my mother was torn away from me.

Then I watched in slow motion as my father sent me away, he didn’t want me there, he must not care for me, he didn’t even drive me to my new life. My wolf was beyond pissed that he was demanding we return, after everything he had put us through – experiencing my first shift alone, having to deprive my wolf of her right so that I wouldn’t reveal my secret, not being able to travel places with my friends in case I was trespassing on another packs territory.

He wanted me back when he forced us to leave, I let my eyes close and watched as my life played out like a slideshow behind my eyelids, but all of the events came back to the rouge attack and watching my mother die before my eyes.

“Layla, babe wake up” someone was shaking my shoulders calling me back to life, I opened my groggy eyes and looked up at Lilly who was standing next to Noah along with a teacher, all of them looking at me with concern.

“You okay? You had a panic attack…” she trailed off, she had seen many of my previous attacks I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming or bawling my eyes out, with only Lilly to comfort me. I nodded slowly as I sat up, my head throbbing and my throat aching, I guessed my visions had made me scream in real life.

“Lay do you remember what happened?” she asked as she squeezed my hand lightly for encouragment, “The bastard wants me to go back after all the shit he put me through” the teacher gasped a little but I didn’t care.

“Lay we are really sorry, we don’t want you to leave either but….” Noah started but I quickly cut him off “No…No Buts, he is the one who pushed me away when I needed him most, he doesn’t get me back that easily and especially not with only a phone call” I growled lightly and pushed myself up onto the couch.

I noticed the teacher had made her way out of the room without anyone noticing, “I'm not going back…even if he comes here himself and drags me back” a deep chuckle came from the doorway “How about me then little Sis” I stood quickly with a grin on my face and ran and jumped into Hayden’s arms.

“Hayden, Oh My God, I’ve missed you, and Ashley and how’s baby Charlie? And Joanna?” I rushed out quickly as he placed me lightly down onto the floor, “They are all fine, and both the kids want to see their favourite Aunty Layla” I looked up to him guiltily.

“Hayden I miss you all but Dad can’t just expect me to return because he says so, he was the one who didn’t want me there anymore and don’t even give me that bullshit about the attacks because I know that if it was that dangerous more than just me would have left” he looked down sadly and I heard my friends slowly leave out another door.

“Lay…please the I need you, the pack needs you, and even more so because of the conference” I looked up quickly to him, “Are you saying that the only reason Dad wants me back is so we look like a united pack with all its key members there?” I growled angrily.

“No, No, No that’s not what I meant Lay, I just meant that it would mean so much to the pack if you were there, we’ve all been struggling without you, you are the rightful Alpha Female until I take over and the pack has been taking the strain, please Lay come back with me” he almost begged.

I thought about all the memories of the pack members where they had been so kind to me, all through my life especially after mum had died. “I’m doing it for everyone else NOT for him” I growled as I turned my back and made my way up the stairs to my room to see my friends sitting around waiting for me.

A/N

Okay guys so anyway I know it’s a bit weird and I know she changes her mind a lot but the thing is she has to or else the plot wouldn’t work.

Xx SophieBoffie