Chapter 9

Layla’s POV

“WAKE UP!” I groaned as I rolled over glaring angrily at my father, “Shhhhhhh I'm asleep” I groaned as I rolled back over, “You said you could do it in twenty minutes” he whispered as he walked out the door, instantly I was sitting to attention.

“Shit” I muttered under my breath, I heard him laughing outside the room, I quickly jumped up and ran to the bathroom flipping on the shower I jumped in, washing my body and hair as well as brushing my teeth so I could save time.

As soon as I was out I grabbed a towel and dried myself as well as blow drying my hair, I pulled out my makeup bag from under the sink and started applying a light layer of makeup. As soon as I was finished I ran out and pulled on the red dress, I picked up a pair of black heels and grabbed some gold and red bracelets then grabbed my black mask and ran out the door.

The pack was waiting outside in the lounge area as I came to a stop, “Damn that was eighteen” I heard my father mutter as he placed a twenty dollar bill in someone’s hand. I slipped on my shoes and then tied my mask behind my head.

“Okay everyone, time to head down” my father said clapping his hands as he stood above the rest of the pack he made his way to the front of the pack I followed close behind as we made our way down the stairs to the bedrooms and then down the hall to the exit into the ballroom.

“Now remember the rules everyone” My father spoke just as the doors swung open to reveal an empty ballroom all the surrounding doors open and filled with waiting packs. The sound of echoing footsteps bought my attention to the middle of the room.

A pair of red cloaked figures came to a stop, they removed their hoods and I saw they were a man and woman with matching mate marks present on their shoulders, they looked like they were in their mid-forties, the man with hair as black as night and the woman with pale blonde hair so much that it looked white.

“Welcome Orbis Packs, to this monumental meeting, it is every hundred years that we come together as a whole, it is to discuss the laws and to exchange members in return for others, the mating between packs is encouraged as to keep the bloodlines strong” The man said, but the woman soon took over.

“We hope that you all find happiness and that the Alpha meetings benefit every pack, please enjoy yourselves and do not start any fights, this is sacred land at sacred height and no fight has been waged here since the dawn of our time, Thank you and Enjoy” they both pulled up their hoods and made their way back toward the Elders Wing.

As the door closed the ballroom was flooded with people each pack making their way in, I let the force of the pack push me forward eventually the crowd stopped and we all started moving toward our own places.

“There they are” my father growled out, I followed his gaze toward the pack that still filtered in lazily, “The Ignis Pack” he snarled. I placed my hand on his arm gently trying to calm him, although it was nothing like a mate bond he still reacted to the bond between father and child.

“Dad…You where the one telling us all not to start any fights…so listen to your own advice and stay calm” He looked down to me his eyes turning back to their normal shade of brown. “Thanks sweetie” he said quietly.