Chapter 4

Layla’s POV

I shuffled through the door looking guiltily at the people who had become my family over the past six years. “So are you going back?” Noah asked, I nodded slightly walking over to my bed and flopping down burying my head under my pillow.

“Its okay babe, your family needs you” Lilly explained, I nodded burying my head even further into my bed. Lilly and Noah where the most important people to me so they knew about my secret.

“We will miss you heaps but we understand that they are your family…” Noah trailed off, I flipped onto my back and looked up at the ceiling, “And anyway you can always invite us down and we can stay in your huge mansion and we can slide along the marble floor that I bet you have like in the movies” we all started laughing.

I sat up looking around at my best friends in the world who had become such a close family to me, I pulled them both into a group hug. “No chance he is keeping me away from you guys” we all grinned at each other and did a group fist bump before Hayden knocked on the door.

“Come on Lay, you gotta start packing” Hayden said leaning against the door frame, we all groaned but got up and grabbed suitcases and started filling them with clothes. Once we had finally finished and Hayden carried the last of my suitcases through the door toward the car it was just Noah, Lilly and I left in the room. I slid a chair out of the desk and stood atop it reaching into the ventilation so I could retrieve the small metal memory box.

I slid it delicately into my bag and looked at Lilly directly in the eye pulling her into a deep and bone crushing hug. Noah was next as I pulled him close to me he whispered in my ear that he would miss me beyond belief.

“Well this was gonna be a surprise before you passed out on us, but I guess we can give it to you now” Lilly said as she pulled out a small briefcase that we had bought as a failed business-like fashion trend I laughed a little as I looked at it. I placed it on the desk and flipped open the locks before pulling open the lid.

Inside lay multiple things from the best days of my life with them, i grinned up at them and pulled them both back in for another hug before the tears could start to fall again. “Its Perfect” I whispered into their ears.

“Come on Layla time to go” I pulled back and growled a little at my brother for interrupting the moment but I snapped closed the locks and grabbed the handle of the briefcase and slung my backpack over my shoulder.

“You promise to call us like every day? And if you don’t we will come after you we know where you live” I nodded and poked out my pinkie in a promise to them. We all gripped pinkies and they followed me out the door toward the truck that was parked outside; I pulled myself up and closed my door just as the first rumble of thunder sounded overhead.

I waved back to my friends as the rain started to fall they moved closer to each other and waved at me as I stuck half my body out the window as I waved, I was completely soaked when I pulled my body back into the cab of the truck but I looked back to the sky as lightning flashed in front of my eyes.

Clicking open the briefcase again I examined the contents, within the briefcase lay wristbands from multiple concerts, as well as flowers and tickets and small memories from my life with them, I picked up a few things to see that at the bottom of the case was a small book.

I flipped it open to reveal a scrapbook filled with pictures from the past six years, tears started to fill my eyes as I looked through the pictures of the best six years of my life so far.

Hayden looked over and grabbed my hand holding it tightly and giving it a little squeeze, I looked back over to him and smiled a little knowing that the pack needed me.

I wiped my eyes before the tears could fall and placed the scrapbook back in the briefcase and clicked it shut before putting it into the back seat and looking over at Hayden. “So what’s the deal with this whole conference thing?” I questioned.

“Well it’s mainly to arrange and talk about any problems the packs have been having, so during the day the Alphas of each of the packs meet and talk about all that and the rest of the pack do whatever and then each night for the week there is like a massive ball”

I nodded along as he continued to explain “Not many mated couples go as the balls are meant to be about mixing and giving you a better chance at finding your mate, all the unmated wolves wear masks except Alpha’s and yeah that’s about it pretty boring honestly”

“So why do I have to be there then?” I asked harshly, from what Hayden had told me there didn’t seem to be a reason that I needed to be there. “They need an Alpha and Alpha Female at the meetings, and since Dad hasn’t handed that role down to me yet…” a small growl started in the back of his throat “the role of Alpha Female falls to you”.

I groaned and let my head fall backwards hitting into the head rest, typical Alpha bossing people around for his own needs. He could have handed the role of Alpha over to Hayden by now and all this would have been avoided, but no he has to muck up my life for his own enjoyment.

The car fell into silence as I looked out the front window as the rain fell heavily on the windshield, “Lay… the whole pack has missed you, even Dad, I know you don’t want to forgive him but atleast try okay? I don’t want to have a completely dysfunctional family….Your crazy ass is enough to deal with already” I laughed a little and held his hand tighter.

“I’ll try” I whispered as I watched the night sky light up with a crack of lightning leaving my perfect life behind.

A/N

Hope you like it me lovelies xx

Vote, Comment, Fan!!!

Xx SophieBoffie