Chapter 15

Layla’s POV

It was the second last day as I made my way through the empty ballroom with an angry father trailing me and a hop in my step because I knew I had gotten to him last night.

As I filed into the room I slid into my seat confidently to see a grinning Hunter opposite me smirking at my good mood. My father let off a low growl and I quickly looked away from Hunter and towards my father and the other Alphas as they began their meeting.

“Dad, did you give any thought to what I said last night?” I asked annoyingly in his head while he wasn in the middle of a sentence. He paused momentarily, cleared his throat and continued.

“Please Daddy, think about how strong and brave you’ll look and its giving a salvation to the Ignis Pack, its like your showing how good our pack is, Come on Dad” He glanced back at me and smirked as the other Alpha’s continued to talk.

“No Chance Layla, they are the ones who bought it upon themselves they deserve to have those laws” his voice echoed in my head, I growled lowly at him and kicked my foot into his side.

“What about all those innocent people in the pack Dad, what if it where me in the situation, would you want me killed just because I had sex before finding my mate?” I yelled angrily into his head before I continue my rant he cut me off.

“YOU DID WHAT?! LAYLA YOUR SEVENTEEN AND YOU’VE ALREADY HAD SEX OH MY GOD WHAT DID THEY TEACH YOU IN THAT SCHOOL! I’M GOING TO KILL THEM!” stupidly of me I started to laugh, out loud and all the Alpha’s and Luna’s turned to me with serious faces on.

It must have been a sight, a room full of serious and powerful Alphas, while my father sat fuming with a red face and I was laughing my ass off in the chair while the rest of the room talked about land rights.

“Sorry, sorry continue” I said before the Alphas continued to talk, “Dad, I haven’t had sex I was saying what IF I had would it be fair to kill me off just because of some drunken night” I could see he was swaying towards my side of the argument and I quickly took advantage of it.

“Dad, I know that you are a good Alpha and I know you live to serve and help people but why can’t the people you help be in other packs as well, why can’t others benefit. Dad the people in the Ignis Pack are under a strict set of rules from millennia ago and they need to be freed, make the first move to forgiveness and try to settle this dispute. Maybe Alpha Hunter is just as afraid of going against the rules as his pack is, Dad think about it if the roles were reversed, wouldn’t you want someone to help you out?” My Dad had turned to me by that time and placed his hand lightly on my knee as he turned back to the council.

“Friends, I want to propose a change to some laws that seem to still be in place even after all these years and should have been changed long ago with the changing times, I direct your attention to the Ignis Pack laws of punishment…” Hunter let off a growl at that and stood quickly.

“What gives you the right to criticize my pack and the laws that govern us?” his snarl reverberated around the room. My father stood calmly and tried to reason with him.

“Alpha Hunter, I am simply stating that some of the laws that govern your pack are out dated, we had the same problem a few years ago but had them changed to suit the time, all I'm suggesting is a slight change to make things easier in pack life” my father’s calm voice gave a sense of peace to the room that was quickly ruined by Hunter.

“My packs life is good, we are happy and have no need for help from those in the Terra Pack of any pack” he growled back. My father’s face grew angry and he took a threatening step closer to Hunter, I stood to and placed a hand on my father’s arm, trying to calm him.

“Dad” I whispered softly trying to bring him back to earth, his body relaxed slightly before seeing Hunter ready form and it tensed again. “The Terra Pack is a pack full of growth and nurture whereas the Ignis is one of destruction, why do you think all packs fear you it is not because of your fighting skills, it is because you made a bad name for yourselves millions of years ago and have never been able to shake it because all of your pack are evil”

Both men looked like they were about to kill the other, I could see Hunters mother on the other side trying to control her son but nothing was working. None of the other Alphas would step in, as it was a dominace fight and it could jepordise everything. I could see out of the corner of my eye someone stepping out of the room, presumably going for help.

But I knew I would be able to stop this fight quickly, I pushed past my fathers stiff form and stood between the two, palms facing to chests and arms extended. “Layla. Get. Out. Of. The. Way.” My father ground out through clenched teeth.

“No neither of you will hurt me so until you calm down I'm not moving” I said glaring at both parties, my fathers form never relaxed but he took deep breath and shuffled back slightly. When I looked back to Hunter he was still glaring at my father, his body still rigid and ready to pounce.

“Hunter, calm down” I said loud enough so he could hear, his eyes twitched to me momentarily and then back to my father.

“Don’t be stupid Layla, I can still get to him, and ill go through you to do it, what do you think you are to me, something special. Stupid girl all you are is some girl who gets me in contact with my mate, I can and I will hurt you if you don’t move out of the way right now”

Pain seared through my chest at his words, my hands shot to my heart as I doubled over in pain, I felt almost empty. Rejected. My blurry eyes made me angrier and I knew I had to stand up to him. I stood up straight and turned to him, I inspected him, and his golden brown eyes that held the slightest trace of pain within them.

“Well I see what I am to you now, O and by the way” I said while slipping the ring off my finger “I never want to see you again” the dropping of the ring on the wooden floor echoed out as realisation shot through his eyes, pain and sorrow and the slightly bit of love showed clearly but I turned away and walked through the door.

I could hear shouts and crashing behind me but I didn’t turn back, the mating bond between us was tearing me apart, a rejection was bad for anybody, but for an Alpha the pain became physical. My insides turned and rumbled and my brain pounded in my head, the rush of blood filled my ears as I started to sway trying to grap a hold of something to keep me steady.

It was only when the searing pain of being stabbed hit me that I collapsed under the weight of the bond, I could hear voices yelling, people saying things to me but I couldn’t understand, I didn’t want to listen, all I wanted was for the pain to go away for the pain to stop. Just for everything to stop…

A/N

Hope having a few chapters in a day makes up for me not doing it in a while (sorry for that) anyway let me know what you think, and please ask questions if you don’t understand, hope you all like it and please continue to read my stories love you all

Xx SophieBoffie