Chapter 14

Layla’s POV

The next few days continued as normal each day I would wake up and go to the Alpha meetings followed by getting ready and going to the ball, over those days I started to bond with Hunter, each night he would say something that just made the choice between him and my family harder.

It was the third last night and Hunter and I were walking through the gardens again, “I still don’t understand, just because your Alpha you have to push these punishments just because they were made like a million years ago by some stupid sexist old farts?”

He grinned down at me as he laughed, “yeah pretty much except they are sorta my grandfather’s father so not exactly a million but the rules are pretty stuffed up”

As we continued to walk I stopped suddenly “Why don’t you just get the rules changed while you’re here, everyone would understand” he nodded in deep thought.

“But I need someone else to agree with me from another pack and all the other packs think mine is cruel and merciless, they don’t care about us” I growled a little thinking about my future pack, a plan started forming in my head and I started to bounce on my toes.

“I know what to do, I know what to do” I squealed a little, he looked confused but just smiled as I started to run off. Running into the ballroom my pale purple dress flowing out behind me as I ran to my father hitting into him slightly as I came to a stop.

“Dad, I need to talk to you, about some laws that I know need to be changed… please” he smiled lightly at me before leading me upstairs, the ball had just finished so the pack was already walking up the stairs tiredly.

“What is it sweetie?” he asked kindly as I sat down on one of the plush sofa’s that took up the living space.

“It’s the Ignis Packs laws, they are old fashioned and sexist and extremely out dated, I think what we need to do is…” I slowed down to a stop as I noticed the deep growl rumbling in his chest, “Dad?”

“How do you know about the laws unless you are talking to their pack members, it couldn’t even be one of them, majority of them don’t know about the old laws, Have you or have you not been talking to the ALPHA of the IGNIS PACK!?” my father yelled, I cowered back slightly hating feeling like a child.

“Dad, Please, it doesn’t matter about this stupid conflict, just let it go and try and help the current members who are in desperate need of our help” I stood making me still shorter than him but at least feel more confident.

“Layla, they don’t care about each other why should we, just no Layla, they don’t deserve our help” he said exasperatedly, I growled lowly and he looked at me with shock in his eyes. “Layla why are you growling it’s not like you should care about any of them”

I shook my head a little and took deep breaths attempting to calm myself down, “Dad, imagine if the roles were reversed, if we were put in a position where we had to whip any woman who was pregnant to see if they were strong enough to have a child, Imagine if were had to kill every woman who had sex before their mate, Dad if the roles were reversed wouldn’t you want someone to help you?”

He stomped off to his room slamming the door shut, I sighed and stood before heading to my room and changing and slipping into bed, if my father wasn’t going to try and help Hunter I sure as hell was.

Hunter’s POV

Her small receding figure looked gorgeous as she ran back toward the ballroom the purple fabric flying out behind her, she looked like a stunning angel.

This girl who had connected me to my mate was amazing, each night she would bring me a message from her, she was an angel, she kept me connected. But the only problem I had started falling, and not for my mate for the messenger that was her best friend.

I let out a long sigh and turned around in the garden, I didn’t know what to do, I felt so conflicted, she wasn’t my mate I shouldn’t be feeling anything for her but she was so beautiful, so perfect.

It was too much for me to handle, I quickly stripped off and shifted into my wolf form, the dark red of my fur was almost black in this light, I let loose and ran, I couldn’t stop I just kept running until I couldn’t feel the emotions of my human brain, couldn’t even rely on myself.

I was relying on pure instinct and it was bliss, nothing to feel, no reason to think, just nothing except the pure animal that resided inside me and was completely in control of my body right now.

Soon I found myself running directly at the side of the building at the last second my wolf pushed himself off the ground and sent us flying through the air through an open window. I landed soundlessly on the wooden floor looking around the unfamiliar brown walls and the small girl sleeping in the bed was completely different from the cold room I left empty most nights.

As I took a small step forward I saw it was Layla, lying sleeping in her bed, she was snuggled into the blankets and looked so innocent and pure. Nothing like me. We were nothing alike. We could never work, even worse I was thinking it could, I had a mate I shouldn’t be thinking this.

A/N

KK soz its been a while everyone love you heaps Vote comment and fan me lovelies

Xx Sophieboffie