2

The hour hand strike 12. The time read 4pm. Elena and Jeremy should be home by now. I waited for them until Precious, my little owl swoop in through the window and landed on my index finger that was raised. That never gets old. I smiled at the brown owl and kissed her beak. "Hello Precious. Thank you for the letter. Weather is great, huh?" I murmured to her. Precious flew off and landed on the counter top, then tilted her head to the side. I untied the letter around her thin skinny legs.

Precious flapped her wings then left once her leg were paper-free. While i unfold the letter as I took a sit. I breathed and read the letter out loud. "To my dearest sister from another mister, thank you for the things you have done for me. Resurrection celebration is happening in 2 hours. Everyone is here. Please come soon. Hermione has arrived. George. " Right I finished reading it, the paper turned into a big heart shaped gas before it dispersed.

"Resurrection ceremony?" I jumped as I heard someone spoke. With my hand on my chest, i turned around to see Damon. My eyes went wide. "Who are you resurrecting?" He asked me but i just kept quiet. That idiot never stop coming. He doesn't need to know. "You can tell me. Come on... Dont let me force it out of you."

I sighed in annoyance. "I think I should put a spell on that door. So for every time you enter, you will get a massive migraine, maybe blood coming out of your nose, ears and your fucking blue eyes. And I'm not resurrecting anyone. My friend is. Also, it's none of your business." I folded my arms. Then I realised something. "Right...Why are you here, again?" I asked. Damon smirked and walked towards me. He had his black leather jacket over his black t-shirt. He stood in front of me, just a few centimetres away from me. "Are you going to say something or you just want a staring contest?"

Smirking, he replied," I want to ask you out for dinner. But I guess you, little witch here, have to resurrect someone." He let out a nervous laugh. At the same time, I could sense he was disappointed. Not that I care. As for me, I had satisfied smile spread on my face.

"Maybe some other time..." he suggested. I faked a frowned just as i saw Damon sprinted out of the house.

When will he just stop and move on?

I took my phone out and dialled Elena's number. I heard the rings but there were no answer. Instead, i was sent to voice mail. Elena would never put me to voice mail.

"Elena, i have a very important matter to discuss with you and Jeremy. Please call me back. This is urgent," I said and waited for the beep to went off. I sighed.

About 20 minutes later, Elena returned my calI.
I gave a loud sigh of relived and then answered , "Elena? Where are you? Are you with Jeremy?"

"Emma... Erm. I'm not with Jeremy. Im at Stefan's. Can you come by? " Elena asked.

As much as I understand that Stefan was her boyfriend, it didn't mean she has to be there all the time. Gosh!

"Of course, you are there. sure. I will be there in a jiffy. See you." I hang up my phone and utter a spell under my breath. "Accio sling bag." I caught it by the strap and threw it over my head.

I got out of the house and locked it. I apparated to the boarding house and knocked onto the door. I waited. Then the door creaked opened, revealing Stefan. I grinned and hugged him as i walked into the house. "Hi" i greeted.

"Hi Emma. Elena's inside." Said Stefan who closed the door behind me and led me into the family room. Elena was sitting on the couch. She was seen holding a book. We smiled and hugged each other.

I took a sit beside her. "Erm Elena..... I got a job that needs to travel a lot. " i started.

"How long?" Elena looked at me.

"At least 4 months. " i replied. " im sorry. This is very important and only I can do it."

"What do you mean only you, Emma? Why are you always leaving us? Do you even care about us?! " Elena got angry. She stood up , looking away from me.

"Elena, please. I dont have a choice 6 little kids are being kidnapped and their memories are being taken away. Only I can do it Elena. Please ... I... I care for you and Jeremy. I love both of you. I... I will send letters to both of you. Call both of you too. " i shed a tear. "And I have to leave now. "

"What the hell, Emma?!" Elena screamed at me. Stefan grabbed her to give comfort her but Elena started to cry too. "You have been gone too long Emma. Jeremy and I hardly see you. And you are leaving again?!! Now?! How could you?! If you leave, DON'T COME BACK! AND IF YOU DO, I WILL KICK YOU OUT MYSELF!"

"Elena... Calm down...." Stefan cooed her.

"I love you Elena. And i am very sorry. " I cried . "Take care of her , Stefan. I love you..." And i walked towards the door and left to find Jeremy. Just to tell him the depressing news. Hopefully, he would understand.

As i entered Mystic Grill, I saw Jeremy clearing the dirty cups and plates. Once he saw me, he smiled and put down the things down on the table. "Emma, i heard about it. Elena told me about you leaving." Jeremy started.

"Jer, i am not leaving forever. It's a job that i needed to do for my.... Kind. I am very sorry you have to hear it from her like that. " i explained.

"Do you promise you will always call home?" Jeremy asked.

"I promise. I love you both. I will never leave. Well until I get married." I let out an awkward laugh. Jeremy gave a weak smile. I pulled him into a hug. A long warm hug. " I will miss you. You and Elena. " When we broke off from each other , i added, "come here, let me take a picture of us. So i can remember you all the time. " i smiled and pulled him closer and took a picture.

"I will miss you too." Jeremy's voice was now sounded slightly sad. "You better call home. "

"I will Jer. Please help me tell the others about this. Tell them i will miss them very much. "I uttered. He nodded his head. I hugged him once more . Letting go of him, i looked at him and murmured , " i hate to go now. I love you."

"I love you too Emma. Be safe. " Jeremy replied."You too." I smiled. I turned around from him and apparated to the burrow that was finally rebuild after the war. Second home.