4

The night could not get any better when i felt bad vibe. Cold and suspicious. I looked around like a lunatic, trying to identify the odd things. But all I see was smiles and laughter.

Out of a sudden I felt my chest being squeezed. Not literally. But felt so real.

The coldness invaded my chest. I felt death. But it felt like one. I wondered why i was feeling it. My skin started to grow cold. Gas was coming out of my house. The temperature seems to drop. For me.

Hermione noticed my uneasiness. Her face changed. Therefore she asked as she walked towards me, "Emma, are you alright?" Her voice sounded very concerned and worried, frowning. Her hands were grabbing my shoulders.

"I.. i... don't know.. i feel weird. Something doesn't feel right. I am feeling as if something bad is going to happen. Or something has already happen. And I don't know what. It was like death is approaching, my heart was... being squeezed multiple time..It hurts," I expressed myself.

Hermione continued to frown.

"What? Hermione... what is it?" I asked. Then I was getting more scared. All she did was taking her wand out and ran out of the house. I followed her that instant. She felt something too. I could feel it.

"Dementors? really?! Right now?!WHAT THE FUCK!" I sighed in anger.

"Too bad... It will be too late to call the others. EXPECTO PETRONUM!" she pointed her wand up and screamed as a light ignited on the tip of her wand and her otter patronus started to form. I watched as it started to fight the dementors.

I drew my wand out from my skin but just as I saw it in my palm, it turned to dust.

Fuck no!!!

"EMMA! Help me! There's too many!" Hermione cried.

"I'm sorry. I can't... my wand... it.... turned to dust." I cried and dropped on the floor. Hermione lost her attention and her patronus died down. "why...." I started to sob. I looked up to the sky to see a dementor charging towards us. I thought it would suck out all of my happiness. But we were safe.

A cat patronus came gliding in and saved us. I turned around to see Professor McGonagall. "Thank you Professor..." I cried.

The others started to rush in and help out while Hermione brought me inside. "No.. no... I..... I am a squib. oh my god... how.. is this possible?" I started screaming as I felt Hermione's arms wrapped around my body and pulled me towards her.

"Emma, remember what i said just now? Remember about the Merlin's gifted child? what if .. It's it's you? what if the time is now?" Hermione suggested. Oh that did not help at all.

I removed her arms off me and looked at her. Giving her the 'Are you kidding me?' I wiped the tears off my face.

By that time, everyone was there, looking at my hideous face after i cried. "Why don't you try something?"

"i... i dont know any spell from the old religion. " i murmured. Mrs. Weasley took a sit beside me. "here dear. Drink up. You will feel better," she passed me a glass of water and stroke my back with her hands.

"Everything will be alright." That was what she said. As if. Who knew it would be like that.

Out of the blue, i felt a massive headache that made me screamed at the top of my lungs. It was too painful to bear. It was as if someone was banging my head on a concrete wall. I felt onto my knees, my hands were holding my head.

Laying on my back, i squirmed badly until it stopped. I gasped for air. My eyes went wide as i felt a burning sensation in my eyes .

In the end, I felt different. A good different. At the same time, confusing.  As if, i knew things. The first face i saw was Fred. He pulled me up and smiled at me. i looked at him weird. Then he looked around the room. Everyone's faces were full shocked. "I guess, we know who is the gifted child." he smirked. I squinted my eyes. i did not understand.

"huh?"

"Emma Gilbert, you are Merlin's gifted witch. Your eyes were glowing brightly. In gold."

"Oh. Okay... alright...i'll do something stupid... erm... to make sure you are right.." i muttered. George kneeled in front of me. "You are making me nervous Georgie." I gulped. he chuckled and moved a few step back. I sighed in relief. I closed my eyes and said a spell that appeared in my head in a snap, "Fromum feohgiftum on fæder bearme. Fromum feohgiftum." when i opened my eyes, i felt that similar sensation on my eyes and looked down at a light that was form on my hand.

"WICKED!" The twins commented. The rest gasped. 'I told you." Said Hermione who was sitting behind me. The light died as i turned to face her. I pulled her in to a hug and whispered in her ear, "Thank you...thank you for always stick up for me. Being the best friend ever. I am glad i met you." but deep down i was still confused. Once we pulled ourselves away from each other, she replied, "That's what friends are for." All i could do was smile.