Chapter 10

The two boys had now been sitting on the couch for a couple of hours. Ignis had his elbow planted on the couch, chin on his hand and him staring out the window. Marcus stared at the blank screen of the tv, it being off. After a little while more of staring, Marcus asked, "Hey, Ignis?" Ignis rolled his eyes to himself, then turning to Marcus and saying, "What?" Marcus asked, "Wanna play a video game?" Ignis' eyes instantly lit up and he asked eagerly, "You have games?" Marcus suddenly felt a little proud of himself an,d at the same time, uncomfortable under Ignis' gaze.

Marcus nodded and Ignis asked, "What games ya got?" Marcus stood up and walked over to a movie shelf and said, "Well, I've got COD, Minecraft, GOW, Halo,--" Ignis cut him off, "Which Halo?" Marcus paused for a moment before saying, "Reach." Ignis grinned and said, "Let's play that one!" Marcus nodded with a small smile and grabbed it, opening the case and putting it into his Xbox. Marcus turned on the tv and changed the channel to the one for the Xbox, the home screen coming up.

Marcus grabbed two controllers and sat down on the couch, handing Ignis a controller. Marcus then proceeded to turn on the game and put it on online multiplayer. Ignis said, "I am so gonna kick your ass!" Marcus said, "Dude, we're on the same team." Ignis said, "Oh. Well, then I'll get more kills than you!" Marcus chuckled as the game started, saying, "Oh, well see about that."

Soon after the game had ended, they looked at their scores. Ignis: 24 kills, Marcus: 30 kills. Ignis stared at the screen, one of his eyes twitching in annoyance and shock. Marcus just smirked and stared at Ignis with a smug expression. Ignis said, voice cracking, "How the HELL did you get more kills than me?!" Marcus said as Ignis cleared his throat, "A little hard work and dedication and you can do anything." Ignis scoffed and said, "Bullshit." Marcus chuckled and said, "Plus, I really wanted to beat you."

Ignis sighed and said, "Yeah, so did I." They sat there for a bit before Marcus asked, "Wanna go another round?" Ignis nodded and said, "It's not like we've got anything better to do." Marcus nodded and said, "You're right about that."

Minutes turned into hours and those hours flew by like seconds and before either Siren knew it, it was midnight. Marcus said, "We should probably go to bed now." Ignis groaned, saying, "Oh, come on! One more round!" Marcus said, "No, Ignis. We need sleep. Now, give me the controller." Marcus had put his back in the drawer he had gotten it from which was from the tv stand. Ignis held the controller he had in one hand, putting that hand as far from Marcus as possible. Marcus said, stepping closer, "Oh, come on, Ignis. I'm in a good mood and I don't want to fight you. Just give me the controller."

Ignis said, "No! I wanna play!" Marcus groaned, moving forward and reaching for the controller. Ignis began to flail around, screeching, "NOOO!!" Somehow, Ignis' flailing had managed to knock the both of them off the couch and onto the floor. Ignis had shut his eyes has they fell but now he opened them now that they had landed. He looked up at Marcus who was using his arms to hold himself just above Ignis. Ignis then began to remember that dream from last night and blushed hard.

Marcus looked down at Ignis and asked, "What's with the blush?" Ignis turned his head away and mumbled, "Shut up. It doesn't matter. Get off me." Marcus said, "Gimme the controller." Ignis growled and brought the controller in between the two. Marcus sat up, taking the controller and saying, "Thank you." Then, he went and put it away, turning off the tv and Xbox. Marcus turned around to see that Ignis was still laying on the floor where he was before. Marcus said, "Uh, Ignis? You can get up now, dude."

Ignis shook his head and sat up, saying, "I know that!" He then stood up and asked, "Um. So, where do I sleep?" Marcus said, rubbing the back of his neck, "I guess you can sleep in my room; I'll sleep on the couch." Ignis nodded and said, "O- okay." Marcus said, "Okay then." Ignis grabbed his bag and then proceeded to follow Marcus to his room. Marcus opened the door and said, "This is it. Bathroom's right next door if you need it. Goodnight." Ignis said, "Night." Then, Marcus went back to the leaving room, getting undressed.

Ignis went into the room, changing quickly and then thinking, "I should wash my face." He went out of the room, about to go to the next door when he suddenly felt curious. He thought about how he changed to get into his pjs but Marcus just went to the living room. "Does he have clothes in there?" Ignis thought. Then, Ignis stealthily began to go a bit more down the hall. When he made it to the corner, he slowly peaked around the corner, instantly blushing darkly.

Marcus was completely naked except for his black underwear and those bandages that were around his arm and chest. Then, Marcus began to peel off the bandages. Ignis observed as Marcus' signs began to show as Marcus took off the bandages, them glowing dimly. Marcus turned a bit to the side, Ignis getting a good look at Marcus' chest. Soon, all the bandages were off and Ignis could see everything. Ignis blushed darkly as he imagined his dream but with Marcus naked and hovering over him, his signs glowing brightly.

He imagined Marcus panting above him, "Ignis..." Then, suddenly, Marcus shouted, "Ignis!" Ignis shook his head, snapping out of it. He slipped, falling to the floor. Marcus asked, "What're doing?" Ignis quickly stood up, saying nervously, "O-oh! I- I- I was just-! I was just g- going to- to the bathroom! That's all! Heheheh!" Marcus shrugged and said, "Okay." Then, Ignis got a good look at Marcus' eyes; they were a bright blue and a dark blue in the middle. Then, he looked at how long Marcus' light blue hair was; it went down to his hips!

Ignis asked, "Hey, how come you don't show your hair or eyes in public?" Marcus visibly flinched and then sat frozen. Then, he said, "Well, I was bullied a lot when I was a kid about being a water Siren. They called me a wimp and all that stupid shit." Ignis frowned and asked, "And you let it get to you?" Marcus gritted his teeth and said, "I don't know! I guess. After my mom had died, I was alone. I felt like it was my fault for being too weak..." Marcus turned away and rubbed his tears away with his arm.

Marcus' signs began to glow slightly brighter than before. Marcus sighed and said, "I just don't know. I guess I really did let it get to me." Ignis said, "Why don't you just stop wearing the beanie and glasses and those bandages?" Marcus sighed and turned around, saying, "It's more than just the bullying! I want people to see me as me and not just-! More than just a water Siren!" Ignis was speechless, he'd never expected Marcus to be such a complex person; he always thought that this guy was just another jerk in his life.

Well, now he knew that he was wrong. Marcus said, "You should go to bed. It's late. Goodnight, Ignis." Ignis blinked for a moment before saying, "Goodnight, uh, Marcus." Then, the fire Siren reluctantly proceeded to go back to Marcus' room. Marcus laid down on the couch, having a pillow and blanket and then going to sleep. Ignis climbed into Marcus' queen sized bed and covered up with the comforter. He inhaled deeply, the blanket smelling like Marcus. Then, Ignis slowly fell asleep to the thought of Marcus.