Chapter 13

Ignis stood in the parking lot outside Marcus' apartment. Just a few minutes ago, he called his dad and told him he needed to be picked up. After a while of standing around, he finally remembered his bag. "Shit," Ignis whispered under his breath, "I forgot my bag." He looked back up at Marcus' apartment, door still open. Ignis thought, "There's no way I'm going back in there." He crossed his arms, facing away from the apartment building. Then, suddenly, he heard Marcus shout, "You forget something?!"

Ignis turned around swiftly, which he instantly hated himself for doing, and saw Marcus standing outside his front door, holding Ignis' bag in the air. Ignis groaned and mumbled to himself, "Stupid, just leave me alone..." Marcus sighed and came down the stairs and walked up to Ignis. Marcus handed the bag to Ignis and said, "Here, you forgot to grab this." Ignis grabbed his bag quickly and said, "Yeah, I noticed." Ignis held the bag beside him with one hand. The two were now staring at each other, eyes staring straight back at the other's.

Ignis looked off to the side but did not turn his head. Then, he said, "Ya know, I think I kind of-" Ignis paused for a moment to gather his words. Then, he continued, "I think I actually had a little bit of fun." Marcus chuckled at how Ignis had put together that sentence. Marcus said, "Wow, I feel so humbled. I'm glad you had 'a little bit of fun.'" Ignis rolled his eyes, looking back at Marcus and then quickly looking off to the side again, blushing slightly now. Then, the flame Siren spoke, "Whatever."

Then, suddenly, a car horn sounded and a familiar car drove up into the parking lot. Of course, it was no one other than Mr. Flame. He pulled around and then stopped next to Ignis, Ignis getting into the passenger's seat. Marcus stood next to the passenger's side as Ignis closed his door. Mr. Flame rolled down Ignis' window, causing the young Siren to cringe and groan to himself. Mr. Flame said, "Bye, Marcus! Thanks for watching Ignis for me!" Marcus said, "It was no problem. I had fun."

Suddenly, Marcus looked to Ignis and smiled, causing Ignis to blush darkly. Ignis childishly pulled the collar of his shirt over his head to hide his face but it did not hide his hair that now stuck out of the shirt hole wildly. Marcus waved goodbye to Mr. Flame and then the Flame family drove off, set on a course for home. Once home, Ignis took his bag and instantly ran to his room, locking the door and jumping into his bed. He dropped his bag beside his bed on the floor. Ignis rubbed his face into his cold pillow, trying to get the blush to subside.

Ignis eventually gave up as he thought more of Marcus, the blush growing hotter. Ignis now held the pillow against his chest, body facing the ceiling now. Ignis stared up at the ceiling silently, with the smallest hint of a smile on his face.